Epson px820 Cis problem

djkokalis

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi there.
I own an epson px820 printer since 2010. I installed an cis to it since the beginning.
From time to time i had some issues. For example if i print a lot of pages the ink doen't flow properly into the cartridges and i have to take off the cartridges and suck the air from the bottom so it flows in.

From time to time i had also issues with the printer. I was printing but no ink was printed on the paper. I used cleaner solutions and that solved the problem for a few years.

Yesterday i had to print again a lot of pages and since the ink didn't flow correctly to the cartridges i did the trick again. But this time i have a lot more issues. I did maybe 15-20 head cleanings, i used clean solution in case the head was clogged but nothing. Nothing is printed on paper. Any ideas? Should i throw the printer to the junk?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Are you talking about an XP 820 model - a photo printer with 6 inks and with the cartridges fixed and feeding ink to the printhead via tubes ?

You are mentioning prior ink flow problems with this model, I'm reading about this problem with this model quite frequently. You would have to isolate the problem - is it the ink supply or the printhead itself , and that would require you to deinstall the CISS and test the printer with original cartridges.

djkokalis

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer. PX820 is a european model. Probably is the same with xp820. But as i can remember it was artisan 820 for US. Check this link. Yes it has 6 inks and the cartridges are fixed.

I don't want to risk buying the original cartridges. Any other suggestions?

Are you talking about an XP 820 model - a photo printer with 6 inks and with the cartridges fixed and feeding ink to the printhead via tubes ?

You are mentioning prior ink flow problems with this model, I'm reading about this problem with this model quite frequently. You would have to isolate the problem - is it the ink supply or the printhead itself , and that would require you to deinstall the CISS and test the printer with original cartridges.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
o.k., as mentioned various other users report problems with this model when using refill/3rd party cartridges or a CISS. I don't see another way to identify the problem - CISS or printer/printhead - other than taking out the CISS temporarily for a test with other cartridges. If that many cleaning cycles don't improve the status then it could be that the ink flow is blocked, there are filters in the CISS cartridges at the ink outlet, or in the ink channels in the printer, there are other possible reasons for a blockage. There can be air in the tubes when the cartridges are not well seated in the cartridge compartment, all this makes it difficult for remote help.

djkokalis

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your help. I just order a new epson to slove my problems.
I got the epson wf 3620. What do you thing?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I just know that this model exists but I'm not familiar with its performance and availability of 3rd party inks, cartridges etc. I hope you'll get less problems with this one.

djkokalis

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I hope so too. I'll order refillable cartridges instead of cis.

akramjef

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson p50 printer
although i am late to comment on this subject , but i noticed this problem with my relative TX800Fw which is of same design .the cause was the upper lid is pressing on the CISS tubes blocking ink from going to the cartridges. the negative pressure which is build inside the cartridges force air to go in the opposite direction from the print head to the cartridges , so even if you do 100 times head cleaning the problem will continue.so the solution is to elevate the upper lid by 0.5 cm using small piece of plastic or wood ,or trimming the sharp edge of the lid ( notice the trimming may cancel your warranty ). or as Ink stained finger said to remove the CISS and put refillable cartridges . thanks.