Epson or Canon - Large format Printer 44"

tomek

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP 7110
Hello,

Soon i want to start a new business with printing canvas, PCV banners and large format pictures.

Now i im not sure witch one printer will be better?

On first place is quality, maybe, but is not important possibility of using CISS.

I will be glad for all suggestions, Thanks.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
you won't need a CISS , cartridges on such printers are big enough. Printers in this range by all companies - like Epson or Canon or HP - would deliver very good print performance. You should look for other items and features which differ between printers - e.g. handling and loading of roll paper, required size to place a printer , or you may think about the use of RIP software, you may already have experience with printers of one or another company, proximity of a dealer for support etc

tomek

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP 7110
Hello

For now i have Epson 1500W printer, i using this printer for printing max a3 Photos. But u just found something bad about Epson Large format printers. Printer showing wrong level of ink, for example if you using 700 mil cartridges, printer shows empty cartridges but still there is around 100 mil of ink. Waste of ink and money.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
so what, I'm not getting the point, you are referring to a CISS implying that you would look for refill options, so any leftover ink in the cartridge would not be lost and just be reused with the next cycle after a cartridge reset. Or you collect that original ink into a refill cartridge for further use. There is always some leftover in ink cartridges , I wouldn't know if Canon is any better in this respect. When it comes to refill inks there are plenty of suppliers of such inks and cartridges - availability would not be a problem. It is more a question which printer models - most likely newer ones - may block the use of 3rd party cartridges via software tricks or such cartridges have not been brought onto the market.

tomek

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP 7110
I know if i will use refill cartridges is not a problem, right? Only with original cartridges.

I think if i will use refill cartridges better option is Epson like Canon. Just thing i dont have any problems with quality of prints. I have my supplier with inktec inks for my Epson printer. For now i had small problems with durability of prints, but i thing that was paper fault not inks. But now it will be printed on cotton canvas or PCV banner.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Inktec dye inks do not have a good color stability over time/UV longevity, not at all, there are much better dye inks available. Pigment inks generally have a muuch better UV longevity, although there may be some difference between Epson, Canon, HP, and the differences between genuine and 3rd party refill inks are not as wide as with dye inks.