Epson L805 support for thick papers

fred vera

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L455
Hello. I've been reading this very helpful forum for a while but this is my first post.
In advance, thanks for your responses.

I have an Epson Ecotank L455 and I want to upgrade to Epson L805 but I have some doubts.

Both are printers with ITS (integrated tank system): Epson supported CISS.
I live in South America where Epson sells both models and many more.

I use the L455 for every day photo prints, not for fine art or archival prints, and it's great, but only works well with thin papers like Epson Premium Presentation Matte (179 gsm, 9.8 mil).
Any thicker paper like Moab Lasal Matte (235 gsm, 11 mil) and the L455 has feed problems.

I want to upgrade to Epson L805 but I'm not sure if it supports thicker papers than the ones supported by L455.
Just for the sake of clarity: the Epson L805 it's the same as a L800, but the former has Wifi.
I've read the manual of L805 but it's not very clear about the thickness of papers that can be feed to the printer.

So my main concern is: does the Epson L805 support thick photo papers like Moab Lasal Matte (235 gsm, 11 mil) ???

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I'm running an L800 since quite a while and use regularly photo glossy papers in the range of 270-300 gr/m2 without problems. But I have experienced quite some variance with Epson printers in this respect, that several units of the same type behave differently - I had an L300 which just took plain paper and not more, my current unit is sensitive against the slightest bend of a photo paper - 180 -230 gr, one type runs, another type jams after about every 2nd sheet and only runs in a single feed mode.

fred vera

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L455
@InkStainedFingers: thanks for your help!