Epson L1455 - borderless printing

karoomtnbiker

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L1455
Hi guys,
I am new to the forum and have just purchased a new Epson printer. I have tried to find a similar issue in the threads but to no avail. Forgive me if this has been discussed before. I use Coreldraw X7 for most work and printing. I have been into the driver settings too, but cannot find an option to activate borderless printing. As far as I know, it should be part of the printer driver settings?? The Easy Photo Print software has a checkbox for it, but no matter what combination paper or setting I select it does not allow me to highlight the box. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi @karoomtnbiker and welcome, from what I can tell your printer will not allow you to print borderless, only some of the high capacity ink tank machines allow this, but unfortunately yours is not one of them, sorry... :(

karoomtnbiker

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L1455
Thank you for the reply. Upon further investigation I cannot find reference to it in the specs sheets. I was under the mistaken impression that it did. Many thanks.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Yes, the L1400 type models have been deprived of the borderless printing option vs. the base model B1100. The only model with the borderless printing option I'm aware off is the L1800 as an A3 photo printer with 6 inks. New ET.... models just have been announced by Epson at a consumer fair in Germany, some models are now equipped with the borderless option but more expensive than the current L... models.

karoomtnbiker

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L1455
I see the Epson WF7612 in South Africa, where I am will also print borderless but the pricing of ink is high. The L1455 will suffice for what I need it for and the ink supply is great considering it ships with 2 sets of ink. Thanks for the information!

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Epson WF7612
yes, those Workforce models run borderless, but not with a CISS like the L and ET models, you may look for a refill option for such a printer. But please be aware that you need to trick out such a workforce printer to print decent photos, see my comments here
https://www.printerknowledge.com/th...ed-for-photo-printing.10972/page-2#post-97704
With refill you may run such a printer with dye inks or use the matte paper option and a photo pigment black instead of the standard Durabrite matte black pigment ink.