Epson Ecotank 2700

Tyler Pickering

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 2700 Ecotank
So my Ecotank was working perfectly until yesterday when it all of the sudden started printing premium presentation matte wrong. The problem is 100% reproduceable and only happens on the premium matte paper setting which is the setting I need to use for what I’m doing. I am printing out a large map and every 2nd paper it prints is off in color. The 1st,3rd,5th etc. are all perfect but the 2nd,4th,6th etc are all coming out very darker and it happens every time I print using the setting. It doesn’t happen on any other setting. The reason I need to use this setting is because of the kind of paper I’m using plus it gives me the nicest quality of color hands down.

Do you guys think this is driver issue? (I've tried reinstalling driver as well as using a different computer and the issue is present in both.)

I’ve tried head cleaning,power cleaning, alignment and nothing has fixed it.

This problem seems to have popped up out of nowhere and is very weird.

Thanks for any help guys, I tried googling this but no one seems to have ever had this exact problem.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi @Tyler Pickering and welcome, that said, yes you do have unusual problem. :eek:

Firstly, which O/S are you using and which App. are you trying to print your document from, please post a Pic of your settings..;)

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Could you please post as well a nozzle check, just crop to that part and don't upload the complete page.
Can you duplicate the problem in an easier setup - in a 2 page setting ?
Are you expanding the map via the driver with the poster option 2x2 ?
You can use normal paper for testing, but just with the premium matte paper setting in the driver ?

Tyler Pickering

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 2700 Ecotank
I just did a nozzle check again today and its perfect. The app im using is the one that comes from epson. I'm using windows 10. Im using the poster option in the printer app and it only happens in the poster setting when used in conjunction with the presentation matte setting. If I use 2 sided printing or just print pages sequentially normally not in the poster option I do not have the problem at all. It happens with normal paper on that setting too yes.

When I get home from work today I'll post some pictures of the setting as well as nozzle check but I am at a complete loss and I can't think of anything except driver issue as I have the same problem no matter what computer I use.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
There is a setting which modifies colors - an option like 'Photo Enhance' , please check on the extended settings that you do not use the automatic mode but use the manual settings - color controls. The automatic mode may change colors depending on colors in the image per page. Please find a rather simple set up - image and controls - to duplicate the effect.

And please let us know the working environment

'Firstly, which O/S are you using and which App. are you trying to print your document from, please post a Pic of your settings.'

Tyler Pickering

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 2700 Ecotank
Well I actually just got off the phone with Epson about this issue which they didn't have any idea what to do as well as some printer feed issues and they just offered to warranty the printer and send me a brand new one.

I'm kind of glad I found this forum though because I probably print 200-1000 pages weekly of various things and definitely could use advice which you guys seem more than capable of giving.

I've found that automatic color correction and I've always set it to auto so I'm going try changing it and get back to you. I have a full printer of ink so I'm going to burn it up before I do the exchange so if I can print some stuff properly thats all the better.

When I change the automatic to custom should I just leave all the options as is?

I'll send screenshot of options ASAP

Tyler Pickering

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 2700 Ecotank
Pictures of options

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    469.7 KB · Views: 238
  • Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    462.2 KB · Views: 213
  • Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    410.1 KB · Views: 230

Tyler Pickering

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 2700 Ecotank
Sorry I am also using Adobe Reader DC for an app from what I am printing from.

Tyler Pickering

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 2700 Ecotank
Well you guys have seemed to have solved my problem I was having with the color issue. By turning off the color correction the pages print out normally and do not have alternating color differences.

New question though. Now however without any color correction the image is just way too dark, what do you recommend adjusting?

I will attach the image I am printing as well as attach the actual print of what I got for reference.

As you can see in the pictures the printout is very much darker than the original image and the contrast isn't great with the greens being very close in color.

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    908.5 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_1299.JPG
    IMG_1299.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 230

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Now however without any color correction the image is just way too dark, what do you recommend adjusting?
Those automatic modes - photo fix/enhance etc whatever they are called - typically do several of these adjustments - without telling or asking you - they try to do a kind of auto white balance - similar to what your camera or smart phone does in the background, this can shift colors quite significantly and turn a beautiful sunset into a dull looking daylight image, the software adjusts the contrast to some baseline assumptions how it should look, and it may change - raise or reduce brightness, all this may indeed improve the look of an image - in some instances but not in all of those.
So since you are now in the color correction mode, for manual corrections, you can increase brightness and contrast, you should start changing one variable only, do a test print and test the impact of the other variable, and you do a few iterations with both to the point that you are happy with the output. This way you get a feeling of the impact of these controls.
And if you then see some colors off you can do a similar action with color adjustments - go in small steps.
Please be aware of a caveat - when comparing a print to the image on the monitor you easily think the print is too dark - the monitor is typically much brighter than your print unless you start using a more professional approach e.g. using a light box with a predefined brightness to evaluate yur prints.
Don't be afraid using all the controls the driver offers you - in small steps - and just not all at the same time.

Epson support - .......

By turning off the color correction the pages print out normally and do not have alternating color differences.
So I'm glad to hear that we are on the right track in this case

You may do some of such tests on a smaller paper format - just cut a few of your sheets
into 4 sheets - 4 x 6" (almost) and go with those .
The driver may offer an option to save specfic driver settings for later recall, so you don't need to go through all those settings again - but this is printer/driver specific if such option is available for you - look around if there is a button to save a preset.

Last edited: