epson dx7400 cartridge incompat

peterpurr

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson dx7400
i have an epson dx7400 and have installed numerous compat type cartridges all indicate that cartridge is incompatible. Am I stuck and have to buy epson originals or is there a way around this. I have tried the power off business this had no effect any help would be greatly appreciated

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
and how did you print before these cartridges got rejected - with refill or Epson originals ? What is difference with these cartridges - a different supplier ? or much older or newer than the previous ones ? Did you contact the supplier about this problem ?

peterpurr

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson dx7400
thanks for the prompt reply, there are some new from a different supplier and some from a batch i bought previously the same as the ones in there now. they are deemed to be able to work, spoke to supplier who said looks like firmware problem with epson and will need to purchase the originals which as you are aware is very costly. hoped there was some kind of workaround

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
why would it be a firmware problem and not a problem with the chips on those cartridges - that's an easy answer by that dealer, the cartridges are not accepted by the printer . The question is how long did you store them before using ? Epson's firmware is playing games with manufacturing dates which are stored on the chips, and is only accepting them within a time window. Buying Epson carts is expensive, but you could do one thing - buying just one set of 3rd party carts at a different supplier, directly testing them and returning them for refund if they don't work either. But if they work you may attempt to return your other ones as well since the dealer's argument got weak. There is no other way I'm aware of, and don't let Epson to any driver/formware updates on your printer.