1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: Photo stops printing when printer <>computer connection is wi-fi
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Epson 7890 MK channel missing part the nozzel check,

Discussion in 'Epson InkJet Printers' started by Dae, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Aug 24, 2019
    Dae

Dae Getting Fingers Dirty

Printer Model:
    Epson
    Hello!

I have had this problem for about two months now. I have two back up printers (Epson P6000 & P8000). So this was something I could work at when I got time.

I have been working with these printers for a little over ten years now. I'm pretty familiar with them and know something like this nozzle clog I'm getting is most likely a internal clog that will have to be flushed. I have tired quite a few cleanings and power cleanings (only a couple each time I turned it on).

I have cleaned the capping station, the damper, and the wiper blade. I have let the head sit on two different cleaners (both with ammonia) with no effect to the clog.

My next step is to clean the lines (MK/PK/LK) with a flush/cleaning cart. These are the ones I'm considering using.
    http://absoluteinkjet.com/inkjet-cl.../for-epson-pro-7700-7890-7900-9700-9890-9900/

I attached a photo of the missing chunk that I'm getting in the MK/PK channel.

I'm wondering if anyone else ran into this with this model or a similar model in that X890, X900 series? What did you do to get it printing a 100%, if you did get it back.

I know this could be a possible burned out print head. I have had this printer for a little over four years now. It was my work horse and I would love to get it back to printing.

Once of the reasons I think it might just be a stubborn clog is because when I first bought this I was using a third party ink (ConeColors) and had the Magenta and Photo Black clog on me within the first year twice which a tech from Epson had to come out and replace the print head twice. I stopped using ConeColors due to that and went back to Epson OEM inks, but never flushed the lines.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Attached Files: