Epson 3800, Inkrepublic Prints Bluish Black

How can I make my printer print genuine blacks?

• Call retailer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do a powercleaning circle

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nishda59

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Pro 3800
After installing InkRepublics refilling system to my Epson stylus pro 3800 all colors containing black becomes bluish. I've tried power cleaning numerous times, put all values right in Photoshop and the printing menu, printed on archival matte paper, tried glossy papers and settings etc. Continuously the black get bluish. The test print after a nossle check prints all cartridge colors very fine and the text is in neutral black. When I print from Word and other applications texts and photos all comes out with bluish results.
I''ve downloaded a grey scale test from the net and it comes out blue. Its like the three black cartridges are not in use except from printing the test print. What can be wrong?
I apreseate all answers.
Regards
Nishda59

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
I presume you mean with black ABW: Advanced Black and White printing ? It is known, the previous IRK4-nano for the Epson Pro 3800 does indeed suffer from a bluish/greenish teint. You might try the newer IRK4-nano Vivid Magenta version to overcome this problem: this ink set will give you perfect neutral ABW-prints.

Otherwise: use the colorwheel of the ABW to increase more red and magenta to counter the bluish teint.

nishda59

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Pro 3800
After installing InkRepublics refilling system to my Epson stylus pro 3800 all colors containing black becomes bluish. I've tried power cleaning numerous times, put all values right in Photoshop and the printing menu, printed on archival matte paper, tried glossy papers and settings etc. Continuously the black get bluish. The test print after a nossle check prints all cartridge colors very fine and the text is in neutral black. When I print from Word and other applications texts and photos all comes out with bluish results.
I''ve downloaded a grey scale test from the net and it comes out blue. Its like the three black cartridges are not in use except from printing the test print. What can be wrong?
I apreseate all answers.
Regards
Nishda59
I presume you mean with black ABW: Advanced Black and White printing ? It is known, the previous IRK4-nano for the Epson Pro 3800 does indeed suffer from a bluish/greenish teint. You might try the newer IRK4-nano Vivid Magenta version to overcome this problem: this ink set will give you perfect neutral ABW-prints.

Otherwise: use the colorwheel of the ABW to increase more red and magenta to counter the bluish teint.

Hey Pharmacist
Thanks for your reply.
No, its not only about ABW printing. Its a general problem. Black areas and colors containing black comes out either empty or bluish. (Not greenish). The 4 cartridges MK, PK, LK and LLK all print perfect colors when I do a test print after a nozzle check. Can it be dysfunctional chips?

costadinos

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
7900, 4900, 9890, R2000, P50
That's almost certainly a colour management issue.

I'm guessing you are printing using the profiles that came with the printer and were meant to be used with Epson inks.
Give us some more details on which program and what settings you use for printing photos, and a screenshot of the print screen if possible.

If you are printing from Photoshop you should turn off color management in the printer driver (go to color settings, ICM, "off, no color adjustments") and then in Photoshop choose "let Photoshop manage colors" and select the right profile in the tab below).

nishda59

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Pro 3800
That's almost certainly a colour management issue.

I'm guessing you are printing using the profiles that came with the printer and were meant to be used with Epson inks.
Give us some more details on which program and what settings you use for printing photos, and a screenshot of the print screen if possible.

If you are printing from Photoshop you should turn off color management in the printer driver (go to color settings, ICM, "off, no color adjustments") and then in Photoshop choose "let Photoshop manage colors" and select the right profile in the tab below).

Hi Costadinos. Thanks for your reply!
The print settings using Photoshop CS 6 from a Mac is set on "Photoshop manages colors, and the paper is set on Archival Matte (which I obviously am using), Rendering intent: perceptual.
Her comes the file and a scan of the print:
CP file.jpg
Print scan.jpg

costadinos

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Have you disabled colour management in the printer driver?
You have to choose custom/no color adjustment, like in the screenshot below:

f0vzi9.jpg

If you want to print from within Word or other non-colour aware applications, you can first select "ICM" in the printer driver, and then, in the advanced tab, select to show all profiles and pick the correct custom profile:

300zots.jpg

11t4k92.jpg

By the way, are you sure you are using the correct profile? Did it come from Inkrepublic or somewhere else?

nishda59

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Pro 3800
Have you disabled colour management in the printer driver?
You have to choose custom/no color adjustment, like in the screenshot below:

f0vzi9.jpg

If you want to print from within Word or other non-colour aware applications, you can first select "ICM" in the printer driver, and then, in the advanced tab, select to show all profiles and pick the correct custom profile:

300zots.jpg

11t4k92.jpg

By the way, are you sure you are using the correct profile? Did it come from Inkrepublic or somewhere else?

I've tried to disable color management in Color Settings but it flips back to Adobe RGB even after I have saved the change in the printer menu.
Skærmbillede 2013-12-05 kl. 11.51.21.png
Skærmbillede 2013-12-05 kl. 11.50.37.png

costadinos

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
That's strange, but at least you know for sure that profile mismatch is causing the color shifts now.

I use Windows and can't find anything here, but there could be some "default" settings somewhere overriding those you enter.
Try re-installing the driver, maybe that helps.

You can also try disabling the color management in photoshop and select the profile in the printer driver (pick the right profile in the "color settings" ICM tab), all the "pro" models offer that functionality.

RogerB

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pro3880
I thought that on the Mac, selecting Photoshop Manages Colors automatically turned off printer color management in the driver. Am I mistaken?

It does look to me like a case of third-party inks not matching OEM. Maybe the real answer is a custom profile?

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
In Windows, you have to change the settings in the Printer Preferences in the Printers & Faxes / Devices folder. If you change the settings while printing out of a program it only changes it for the duration of using that program. Mac probably has a similar setup, though I don't know how to change the "overall" settings for them.

I'm not seeing it, but does it let you "save custom settings"? You'd still have to change it every time but it would only be one click.