Epson 1500W printer problems

John B

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Espson Stylus Photo 1500W
My 1500W constantly shows a paper jam light - although there is no jam and it wont print. I have checked thoroughly for anything which could cause the jam and I have uninstalled then reinstalled the software. Any ideas? Is there a reset option?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I am not greatly familiar with Epson printers but a paper jam is a paper jam in any printer, that said.

Had you gotten a previous paper miss feed shortly before this happened and got away with it or any other silly little skewed paper feed problem ?

Often enough in these cases there is still a small piece of paper left somewhere behind in the paper feed path which can cause a sensor to give off an error, so you could try using a flash light to check the paper path once more.

If you have no joy with the flash light suggestion then cut a piece of card (Heavy paper) lengthwise say 4 x 11 “ and feed that through the paper path yourself manually by rotating the gears with your fingers or screw driver and pushing the paper from behind till it passes right through and out the other side.

This has a way of resetting the paper path sensor or removing any small paper pieces left behind and your printer should then kick back into life again, please note while feeding the paper manually keep the printer powered on all the time otherwise it won’t reset for you. (Try not to lose any fingers).

John B

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
My 1500W constantly shows a paper jam light - although there is no jam and it wont print. I have checked thoroughly for anything which could cause the jam and I have uninstalled then reinstalled the software. Any ideas? Is there a reset option?

John B

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Tried rechecking the paperfeed and using the card but its still the same. It is a month out of warranty and Epson were useless - their only suggstion was to trade it against a new one, however their retail price was £100 more than Pc World!! Nobody else will touch ink jet printers so I guess my only option is to buy another (A4 this time and certainly not from Epson)

thanks

John B

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
help...
I have binned the Epson 1500W but need a new printer. I am looking for a 6ink wireless printer that is good for phoptography and I will settle for A4 size. I thought about Canon and looked at the reviews for the MG 7150 and teh MG 6350 - I dont want to spend anymore than £130 - any ideas for a good photo printer?

thanks