Epson 1430 color inconsistant

Annie

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 1430
I test printed on a Kodak photo glossy paper (small print on right) and the colors are close to the original art. Then I printed on a premium luster paper (large) and the colors are off. I tried different settings half a dozen times and they all came out wrong like the large. I even tried printing with glossy paper setting on luster but it's still the same. Any advice? Thanks much.

IMG_20180228_120535.jpg

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
There are quite some questions to get a better understanding of your problem - is this a new problem ? Are you using Epson cartridges ?
Are you using any specific color related settings in the driver on the color adjustment tab ? Or just default values without change ?
Is the nozzle check of your printer o.k. - so we are not missing out a dropped color like light magenta.
Are you familiar with the basics of color management at the print phase ?

Your problem is probably related to the fact that different papers - specifically non Epson papers - may render colors quite differently since you are not able to select your specific papers in the driver. This is a common effect, it might be possible to correct it in a
trial and error process via the color settings in the driver or with the use of a icm-color profile specifically made for your printer, inks and paper.
What is the application software you are printing from ? All this would apply if the nozzle check is o.k. and not introducing additional
problems and color shifts. You may do test prints on a small paper format first, the size would not impact the way the driver puts the colors onto the paper.

Annie

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 1430
Thanks ISF for your reply.

The nozzle check is fine.

I use continuous ink. The colors have never been this off before. When it is a bit off I usually try different adjustments and at least see some results to satisfy. This time all the prints came out in similar except for the first print which I tested on Kodak photo glossy to make sure it prints even since it's been a month since last used.

I use the same settings as I usually do with the same results (not perfect, but passable) until now. If all prints are equally off it's one thing but as you can see the small print came out close enough but it's not the usual paper I print on. My usual paper is Inkpress luster. I'm using the same software as before. Nothing has changed.

Below were all printed on my usual luster paper except the photo glossy. I need the colors to be correct on the luster paper.

Attachments

• IMG_20180228_133903~01.jpg
    IMG_20180228_133903~01.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 264

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
My first guess looking to your last post let me think that yellow is missing completely. Which software are you using to print - there is as well the possibility of double profiling - activating the icm-option in the driver and in the software, such double profiling as well creates colors far off.

Annie

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 1430
If I'm missing yellow wouldn't it also have affected the first print which came out correctly?

ICM was not activated in any of the prints. The only difference is the more correct colors were printed on Kodak photo glossy paper and all the rest were on Inkpress luster. I tried different adjustments on the luster but none made much difference, including adjusting the artwork to be more red.

I use ACDSee to print but go with the Epson settings.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Please run , scan and post a nozzle check here, just crop the page to the printed setion. The lady is missing her yellow cheek as visible on the first image.

Annie

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 1430
You are brilliant! Nozzle check shows yellow missing. Since I printed all the prints back to back it would never have occurred to me a color could go missing between the 1st print and the subsequent 6 prints.

Thank you again! I could kiss you but I see you're in Germany.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
thanks for your feedback, I hope you could clean the yellow channel and get decent prints again.
I could kiss you
I guess I'll consider that offer when I'm planning my next trip to the U.S.......

Annie

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 1430
Already printed and shipping it now.

Haha southern California. I'll be here! I owe you street tacos.

Annie

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 1430
It seems when I print a full page it's always different than a 4x6 test print. The small print on is the way it should be in color and borderless on medium expansion.

The 8.5x11 bottom part was the first print. I stopped it because the color of the face and sky is reddish where it should be grey. Also on borderless medium expansion setting the sides are off.

The top part of print was the next try with the a max expansion. The sides are borderless but the top now shows a border. The grey sky is still red.

So there are 2 problems here, grey comes out reddish and borderless is not meeting the edge on the max expand setting.

I have to say that I did a nozzle check first, than printed the first 4x6. It was perfect so I printed the 8.5x11. That came out with a blue tinge so I nozzle checked again and see the yellow that was on the first check was missing. I cleaned until it was good then printed on the larger paper.

I appreciate any suggestions and advice.

IMG_20180403_160920~01.jpg