Downloaded AdobeRGB.icc file - how do I use it?

Roberto Smith

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon
I've downloaded the AdobeRGB.icc file from Adobe and have placed the file in the following folder:

C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color

Which I understand is the correct place. In fact I've got a couple of custom .icc profiles installed in there and they seem to be working properly.

The problem I'm having with the AdobeRGB one is that when I go to my printer driver (I have a Canon Pixma Pro 100s) and then: Main > Color/Intensity (set to Manual) > Set > Matching > ICM > Printer Profile, I can't see the AdobeRGB as a selectable option. My two custom profiles are there however, and the AdobeRGB.icc profile is definitely in the same folder as them but it's not showing up as a selectable .icc profile in the printer driver.

Long and short of it: I have downloaded the AdobeRGB.icc file - how do I use / install it so I can select it as the profile that I want my printer to use?

The Ninth

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PRO-1000
What are you trying to achieve? AdobeRGB.icc is not a printer profile, and I do not see how it would make sense to use it as such. The profile you select in the printer driver should describe the gamut of the printer/paper combo you are using, which is for sure not AdobeRGB.

Last edited: