double sided gloss

jrsboone

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I'm looking for double sided gloss heavy weight paper for doing brochures at home on an inkjet printer.
All I've been able to find is HP brand. Does anyone know of any other?
Thanks

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
JFS - You might try the matte papers that are recommended for brochures. They are coated on both sides and print images that are more than acceptable. I have used them for greeting cards and have been very happy with them. Epson double sided matte paper is one, and Staples sells Photo Supreme double sided matte paper (9.5 mil) that has a little heavier feel. If you want to try the Staples product, be sure it is the PHOTO SUPREME double sided matte as they also have lighter weight matte papers.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Kodak makes an excellent, reasonably-priced 2-sided glossy paper for brochures and flyers. I usually buy these in bulk from eBay.....Take a look around eBay and you're to find different papers you can work with..good luck!!

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Manuchau - Are you printing on the Kodak paper with your canon printer? I had very poor results with an Epson Stylus color 900, OEM ink, and Kodak paper. No matter what settings I used, they stayed damp for a long time, tended to smear, and had bronzing in the dark areas. I never tried them on the I960 Canon as I am so happy with the Costco Kirkland Glossy photo paper. I have no projects that require 2 sided glossy paper. If I did, I would certainly try the Kodak paper you described.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I wish that I lived near to a Costco so that I could try Kirkland papers.

I haven't had any problems with printing brochures on the Kodak glossy 2-sided brochure paper. I'm trying out Formulabs ink right now, and the print is dry when it emerges from the printer. When I print an order, I give the client test prints on several papers..this is the paper they usually choose, because the soft gloss looks very professional. It's not the cheapest around, but I did find a case on eBay for a terriffic bargain.

The paper I'm using is called "Kodak brochure and Flyer paper".
I've been using it for a while now with excellent results. It's worth a try.