Does anyone else suffer from their Epson printer not printing Border Equal?

craig carr

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1000
I am on my 3rd Epson Printer, xp-860, R3000 and now a P800.

They all have one thing in common, When printing Artwork with a Border, they all start by printing off perfectly as it is shown on the screen(equal borders all around)

After some time though they start printing to the right, Meaning the Right hand border is smaller than the Rest. This has happened on all three printers.

Really Pee's me off as I end up wasting so much paper.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You are using standard format sheet paper ? Which software do you use to print ?
After some time though they start printing to the right
does that happen at the 2nd sheet or later ? Is it a skew effect ? Are you printing mutliple sheets with one print command or individually by sheet ? How do you correct the problem ?

craig carr

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1000
I use A4, A3 and A2 and print using photoshop
It happens on everysheet and once it starts happening the only way to counter it is to adjust it within
Photoshop by making the right side bigger than the left.
Granted I use my printer a Lot, I bought it in December and I'm already on my 6th Black in Cartridge and they are 80ml in this one haha.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I'm not clear yet whether you are struggling with some more mechanical/paper feed issues or a software effect. Does the paper shift to the side in the paper bin during the printing process ?. How are you printing - a print command for one sheet only or a number of sheets ? The printer does the edge detection only once if you print multiple sheets and may not recognize the paper shifting sideways. Is the effect gone if you print a different image ? Is the shide shift growing from sheet to sheet ?