Dell 1320C imaging drum reset chip - does anyone have instructions for replacement?

Andrew Cooper

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma ip4500 Dell 1320C
Thanks to the very helpful members of this forum I was recently able to resolve a problem with a Canon inkjet printer so I'm hoping that someone will also be able to help me with this.

I have a Dell 1320C laserjet printer which must be at least 7 years old. A warning light - an illuminated exclamation mark just below the stop button - recently started showing continuously on the machine and I believe this indicates that the imaging unit/print drum is due for replacement.

As new imaging units for this no longer made printer are about three times the cost of a new printer it would not be economic to replace it so I bought an imaging drum reset chip like the one shown here (although from a different supplier).

Unfortunately it was not supplied with instructions and having searched for some time on the web I can't find anything. If anyone is able to advise me how to go about replacing the chip - I really just need to know where the existing one is - I would be very grateful.