Decent quality paper for Pro-100 and Pro-10

martincregg

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-100
Was thinking about getting Red River 13x19 68lb. UltraPro Satin 4.0, but at about $1 a sheet that's a little more than I'd like to spend. Does anyone have other recommendations? Purpose is to print my own photos, frame and hang for around a year.

arw4

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX925 plus a few others
Gallery is always a good choice. I have used 7dayshop.com paper in the past, usually buying when it is on promotion. It compares very favourably with the known brands. Currently I do most of my photographic prints on United Office paper, which is remarkably good for its low cost. Lidl were recently selling stocks of this paper quite recently.

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
Blimey $1 a sheet! I would love to pay as little as that as I have to pay about $2 to $3 a sheet for quality paper shipped down here from B&H in NY.
Mind you my main hobby is photography so the cost of $3 for paper to hang on my wall is peanuts.
Red River have a good reputation for cheaper quality papers so $1 a sheet is great value.

GrantCee

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip4300, ix6520, Pro-10
What's wrong with Canon Pro Lustre? If you take advantage of their somewhat frequent half-off sales, you can get it for less than the equivalent Red River paper and with free shipping.

Better yet, get on your local Craigslist and search for "photo paper". If your area is anything like mine, you'll be able to pick up unopened boxes of Canon Lustre 13x19 for $25.

(And if you ever see one of Canon's "buy one get a bunch more free", stock up!)

Last edited:

martincregg

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-100
What's wrong with Canon Pro Lustre? If you take advantage of their somewhat frequent half-off sales, you can get it for less than the equivalent Red River paper and with free shipping.

Better yet, get on your local Craigslist and search for "photo paper". If your area is anything like mine, you'll be able to pick up unopened boxes of Canon Lustre 13x19 for $25.

(And if you ever see one of Canon's "buy one get a bunch more free", stock up!)

I like Canon pro lustre paper. Just finished my first lot of 50 sheets that came with the Pro-10 I got for $99. I did search on Craigslist (Nashville) but didn’t see any. I keep checking the Canon specials but haven’t seen one in a while. Will keep looking though.

GrantCee

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip4300, ix6520, Pro-10
I like Canon pro lustre paper. Just finished my first lot of 50 sheets that came with the Pro-10 I got for $99. I did search on Craigslist (Nashville) but didn’t see any. I keep checking the Canon specials but haven’t seen one in a while. Will keep looking though.

That's odd. It's common on CL out here, and has been for months.

William Seaward

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1, 10, 100
Keep hitting craigslist... they do show up quite often. Currently, I have about 10+ boxes of 13x19. I also go to Canon when they have their special paper deals. :)

bhill

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA PRO-100
Was thinking about getting Red River 13x19 68lb. UltraPro Satin 4.0, but at about $1 a sheet that's a little more than I'd like to spend. Does anyone have other recommendations? Purpose is to print my own photos, frame and hang for around a year.
Red River is all I use....consistent quality, great price and very good profiles for the Canon line of printers...you even earn points!

Latest posts