dadu007 - Introduction

dadu007

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R2400
Hi Everyone,
Twas the $$$ that led me to this forum. ;-)
Longtime owner of an Epson R2400. Always been very pleased with it, but due to some recent home improvement projects that took more time than expected and therefore led to too much time powered-down time for the R2400, it took a few cartridges too many and way too much ink to get this baby to its normal excellent printing.
I am now leaving the R2400 on and using Qimage to run regular purge prints!
But also the prices on OEM Epson cartridges for the R2400 keep going up and up...So here I am investigating 3rd party ink options.
Also longtime hobbyist photographer...never a professional, but I do have a BFA in Photography.
Always HATED the wet darkroom side of photography (blasphemy to some), so digital scanning of negatives and digital printing was a godsend for me. I have a small collection of film cameras and after the not-so-uncommon rush to digital cameras I'm once again enjoying the slowness of film photography (35mm and 6x9). Have a Ricoh GR and iPhone 6S+ on digital side. One of these days I'll venture into a bigger/better digital camera again (used to have Nikon D40).
It slowly dawned on me, personally, that I love printing photographs as much as clicking the shutter. Always lots to learn. Glad I found this forum.