Current Canon buy 1 get 9 free offer

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
USA offers are really something :)
I have only seen EPSON buy 1 get 2 offers for photo paper. I think canon really hates European market or something.

Paul Verizzo

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip4500, 9000 MK II, PRO-
Wow! Thanks for this info! While it's only one surface in two sizes, a hell of a deal! The 100 pack is "only" 4 for the price of one, bummer, ha ha.....

I'm not even a fan of glossy paper, but at $19 for 500 sheets, I'm in. Even if I sell them on eBay some day.

Free FedEx shipping, even.

mikem65d

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, ip6600D, i900D
Canon has literally been giving stuff away with exception of ink................I'm buying my son a new 70D for Xmas and he wants to wait til Canon has another combo deal that includes a printer.........I'm sure something will pop up soon along with more paper deals.

We also double up with the 50% off coupon Canon gives when registering the Pro-100 we got on the last deal they had on the printer.

-mike

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
I am still trying to fathom these Canon deals.

It seems that the Canon Brand at the national level operates completely autonomously. Hence Canon USA or Europe, plus all the smaller countries like Canada seem to set different marketing policies. I can see Canon Canada being significantly smaller cannot compete on the same global volume scale as USA and Europe.

However, the USA and the EU both have 300 million plus consumers, sophisticated free enterprise economies and retail outlets. Well for the most part the EU is free enterprise.

Now here is the logical part:
One would think if the CANON USA heavy discounts were working as planned to achieve a specific objective, whether that be market share, gross revenue, profit, increased demand for other Canon product, or whatever, that the Europeans would follow suit to achieve whatever the corporate planners had decreed was a good outcome.

IF the US discounts have NOT worked as planned and were hemorrhaging money, one would think by now CANON USA would have abandoned a flawed marketing plan and reverted to their original retail price with more modest discounts as incentives.

It seems at the moment all Canon printer buyers except those in the US are being told, "Assume the position - we are going to screw you over."

Anybody got any ideas or insights about this!!

Roy Sletcher
All statements in my posts represent my interpretation of data, opinion, or viewpoint, and are not necessarily representations of fact.
They are subject to change without notice, or dependent on my latest whim. Your mileage may vary.

Paul Verizzo

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip4500, 9000 MK II, PRO-
"It seems at the moment all Canon printer buyers except those in the US are being told, "Assume the position - we are going to screw you over."

You aren't being screwed over, we are just being wined and dined. But, yes, all rather puzzling.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Concerning the Canon PRO-100 printer deals in the US...maybe they don't last as long on 60 HZ power than on 50 HZ power??

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
"It seems at the moment all Canon printer buyers except those in the US are being told, "Assume the position - we are going to screw you over."

You aren't being screwed over, we are just being wined and dined. But, yes, all rather puzzling.

... yeah, but you know what comes after wining and dining? Somebody pays! - as I saw on a hippie's car once, "Cash, ass, or grass - nobody rides free"
Besides, don't my comments qualify as whining? :ya

RS