CR-10 Was Printing Fine - But Now Won't Power Up

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I was in the middle of a 4 hour print and the printer just stopped. No idea why.

I turned off the printer, then went to turn it back on, and it won't power up?!?!

I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting. I can't even find info on where the main fuse is located.

Are there any tutorials / troubleshooting guides or videos?

I received my printer from banggood a week ago. I'm wondering if I should I just forget going to them for any help?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I Googled "Cr-10 no power" and you are not alone. A number of links resulted, the first one a short video showing the power failure -- not much to see. Advice was to check the fuse next to the power switch, make sure voltage selector is properly set for your country, and to call Banggood, which the guy did and they are sending him a new control box.

Another video showed the unit taken apart to see the motherboard. The guy thinks the motherboard burned.

One link to a forum says good things about dealing with Creality. They sent him a new power supply at no cost or would refund on cost of replacement and you can buy your own power supply.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I was in the middle of a 4 hour print and the printer just stopped. No idea why.
I received my printer from banggood a week ago. I'm wondering if I should I just forget going to them for any help?
That’s a bit of a bummer, I’d hate that to happen to me, I’ve been running mine day and night and it’s never given me a moments trouble, well except for two head clogs, its back working fine now.

I reckon it’s time to talk to banggood about a replacement, I’d get as much out of them as I can, before forgetting about them.

Its slightly ironic that banggood test all their printer out before dispatching them to their customers, mine was mailed direct from China, and had no testing done to it, I got mine was from GearBest..

At least you still have the MS mini to keep you company till you can get your beast back up and running, I didn’t print for two days last week and was at 6’s and 7’s fretting till I could get back to serious printing again, most times I’d have both printers running together...

Keep us updated on your progress please, and don’t worry I’m sure your printer will understand, it’s only a temporary outage....:(

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Update: I checked the fuse and there is continuity. I'm wondering if it might be a power supply issue. I unplugged the control box, was fumbling around a little with the bottom cover to check continuity, then plugged it back in and the tested the printer. It turned on! Then I turned it off again, and it wouldn't turn back on. I can't get any consistency out of it (duplicating the exact same steps over again).

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Ok, I've found that if I wait 5 - 10 minutes, it will power on, then once turned off, will not power back on. So, I'm guessing it's not a lose connection issue, but some kind of circuit / protection / temp issue? See this video:

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Sounds like a PSU problem - try Banggood live chat or email them. I have dealt with them before when I've had problems and they are very good. Good that you have made a video as they usually want one to let them see what is happening.

You could try a post in this big FB group for the Creality...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CrealityCR10/

Hope you get sorted soon ;)

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Ok, I've found that if I wait 5 - 10 minutes, it will power on, then once turned off, will not power back on.
That was a complaint by others as well in my reading.

Maybe Creality is just another way of spelling Creulty, at least that is how I say it, with a hard "c".

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
That’s it, rub salt into the man’s wounds, while he’s suffering... :confused:
Did Mrs. The Hat send you to bed without dessert again? :(