1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: The Epson RPM quality option - does it offer a benefit ?
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

CR-10 Frame Brace / Bracket Stability

Discussion in '3D Printer Models / Reviews / Experiences' started by Nifty, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Sep 14, 2018
    Nifty

Nifty Printer Master Administrator

Printer Model:
    CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
    To brace or not to brace?

I haven't had any problems, that I know of, printing tall prints (but don't print many), but see all these brackets / solutions to making the frame more ridged. I stumbled on this thing and thought about printing the triangle part of it for a quick / easy additional support. Then I started to wonder "is it worth printing this or should I just drill some holes in a metal shelf bracket and use that?

So, will adding a bracket (the triangle pice) make much difference, and if so, should I print this one or make one out of metal?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2123233/comments

[​IMG]

2. Sep 14, 2018
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon were, BUT 3D is better..
    I printed the same frame out and installed it, but for the life of me I couldn’t see any difference in my prints when using it, so I removed it and I still can’t see any difference, now I know I don’t need the Friggin thing to get good prints in the first place... :)

[​IMG] [​IMG] click to enlarge.

PeterBJ likes this.
  3. Sep 14, 2018
    Nifty

Nifty Printer Master Administrator

Printer Model:
    CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
    Yeah, I'm not sure it would make much of a difference, and I don't print very tall prints anyway.

I'm very much not inclined to add the huge rods / brackets, but thought the one bracket that is out-of-the-way might not hurt... but now I'm even debating if that's worth it.

The Hat likes this.
  4. Sep 26, 2018
    Redbrickman

Redbrickman Printer Master

Printer Model:
    MB5150
    It can actually make things worse on some machines as the frame vibrations can add to the already resonating standard frame.

The Hat likes this.