CR-10 Frame Brace / Bracket Stability

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
To brace or not to brace?

I haven't had any problems, that I know of, printing tall prints (but don't print many), but see all these brackets / solutions to making the frame more ridged. I stumbled on this thing and thought about printing the triangle part of it for a quick / easy additional support. Then I started to wonder "is it worth printing this or should I just drill some holes in a metal shelf bracket and use that?

So, will adding a bracket (the triangle pice) make much difference, and if so, should I print this one or make one out of metal?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2123233/comments

safe_image.php

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I printed the same frame out and installed it, but for the life of me I couldn’t see any difference in my prints when using it, so I removed it and I still can’t see any difference, now I know I don’t need the Friggin thing to get good prints in the first place... :)

click to enlarge.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Yeah, I'm not sure it would make much of a difference, and I don't print very tall prints anyway.

I'm very much not inclined to add the huge rods / brackets, but thought the one bracket that is out-of-the-way might not hurt... but now I'm even debating if that's worth it.

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
It can actually make things worse on some machines as the frame vibrations can add to the already resonating standard frame.

Latest posts