Could an i950 "clog" be an electronic problem?

Kenyada

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi everyone, great forum. I've had my i950 for about two years. One day the Magenta ink no longer printed. After trying various printhead cleaning methods, I ordered a new printhead and replaced the cartridge. Same problem. Has anyone ever considered the possibility that a nozzle that appears to be clogged may actually be caused by something electronic? Just curious. [Apologizing if this Newbie question has been asked/answered previously]

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
Supposing that you also have a fresh new Canon BCI-3M, most probably. You should try cleaning the printhead carriage contacts with a q-tip and a little alcohol and you may also wish to apply a little more force when you insert the printhead. "Little more" is really little.

If the problem continues you have to send it for repair :(

Kenyada

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks, panos. I'll try your q-tip suggestion. I don't think I'll opt to get it repaired, given its age and cost. The real reason I ask is that I also own an i9900, and this experience has me concerned about that model, which was considerably more expensive than the i950. Thanks again.

dnkhan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I had exat same problem, and after researvh i found this is a I950 motherboard problem. Now i can tell canon printers is for photo printing.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I've read that there can even be issues with the USB cable that can cause odd problems like this.

alohatoall

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have the same printer and same problem. I've cleaned the printhead carriage contacts with a q-tip and a little alcohol, and also tried Panos' tip using toilet paper and ammonia (the original Windex). Does anyone else have a possible solution - would reinstalling drivers make any sense? Maybe it's time to buy an i960 -- IF I can find one at a decent price. Thanks for any help, from another newbie.