Costco "Kirkland" brand "professional glossy inkjet

MikeH

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro100
From Forbes magazine website:

http://www.forbes.com/markets/feeds/afx/2005/07/04/afx2122462.html

"Oji Paper (Japan's largest paper producer) said yesterday it has acquired Ilford Imaging Switzerland GmbH entirely from parent Ilford International Holdings BV for an undisclosed sum."

I'm assuming that this is the Ilford Company that is "rumored" to make the Costco "Kirkland" brand "professional glossy inkjet."...

For the time being, you might want to "stock up" on the paper. Many times when companies buy divisions, they don't make any changes. Other times, well...

Mike Hartfield

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Can anybody verify the companies before I load up my car? :D

I don't know what I'd do if Costco ran dry on their paper. I guess they could start carrying the Epson paper again which was suppose to be pretty good.

bobglen97

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
nifty-stuff.com said:
Can anybody verify the companies before I load up my car? :D

I don't know what I'd do if Costco ran dry on their paper. I guess they could start carrying the Epson paper again which was suppose to be pretty good.
http://www.ojipaper.co.jp/news/english/cgi-bin/news_view.pl5?article=20050704_001

That is the official press release....Oji is a well diversified paper products company that does evrything from timber farming to cardboard boxes to disposable diapers to thermal papers. It appears that they purchased Ilford as a means to gain enter the inkjet markets outside Japan.

Given the fact that most Japanese companies make changes in contracts and aquired companies slowly, Kirkland paper will be around for a while.