Correct colors with plain paper selected, but green cast with photo paper

Wizdad

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Photosmart 3310 All-in-One
I have an HP Photosmart 3310 All-inOne printer that produces beautiful prints when the plain paper setting is selected. However, choosing photo paper results in a very green cast. I use a MacBook Air. I tried to replace the .icc files from another Macbook Air, but with no improvement. Any suggestions?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi @Wizdad and welcome, why don’t you just use the same procedures you employed when using the plain paper settings, just select photo glossy paper, set ink quality and Click Print, Feck all ICC profiles...;)

Wizdad

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thanks for your quick response. I've been using the "best" plain paper setting, but the photo paper setting causes the printer to increment the paper at a much finer rate. This probably yields higher resolution prints (I think). I'm about to experiment by printing at both settings from my wife's Macbook Air. I'll report back with the results. BTW, I originally had no problem, but somewhere down the line, I fididled with the settings and made a mess of things. I should have made notes to serve as breadcrumbs to set things right, but I didn't.

Wizdad

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Solved! I'm embarrassed to say that the problem was a clogged light magenta head. The light magenta and light cyan inks are used only when photo paper is selected.