Converting Epson EcoTank to use HD Solvent Inks.

TanCoed

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET 7750
Hi all,
Firstly thank you to all who advised and commented on my cry for help on printing on White Gloss Vinyl.
Greeting from little 'ol England.
I imported a ship load of Air Release printable white gloss vinyl for making custom printed Mobile Phone Skins.
The manufacturer advised me any desktop Inkjet printer would do the job.
Printing this media turned out to be an absolute nightmare. I now learn I need 100% Solvent Inks which are essential oil based. i.e. Hard Solvent Inks.
Hard solvent ink printers are essentially Wide Format printers. The entry level Epson printer SC-C 40600 costs aroung $17000. Totally unaffordable.
My only hope is to convert an Epson EcoTank inkjet printer to accept Hard Solvent Inks as in the video.
What advice can you give me on this subject?
Thanking you in anticipation.

TanCoed

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET 7750
OK, I understand. Hope it works. I am aware this will render by printer useless after six months due to corrosion. I will just consider the cost of the printer as a consumable and cost it in my product selling prices.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I only would do such conversion if I could get support by some local supplier e.g. selling consumables for such application, Youtube clips typically don't show whether such conversions still work after a while of use. And I would try to keep the potential loss of non-working hardware at a minimum - e.g. testing such change with a lower cost printer and refill cartridges - e.g. with an WF-2010W - and not with an ET-7750 with questionable success.

TanCoed

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET 7750
I salute you Sir for your great advice. You are truly one in a million.

Latest posts