Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
I have a 4K screen and this is the result of updating to this latest version:

upload_2017-1-29_11-18-37.png

W. Fisher

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epsons, Canons, Brother.
I just checked the new CM version on Windows 10-64x with an Eizo CG-248-4K monitor and it is fine here. nVidia 980 graphics card, fwiw.

Screenshot.jpg

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Even worse for me.

Downloaded and installed the new version and it will not recognise my spectrophotometer. :(

Have just concluded a six-week acrimonious dispute with Xrite concerning the malfunctioning of my i1 Display Pro colorimeter. That's another story!

Now I am going to have to make another call to their tech support line. Not looking forward to it, although in truth their tech support was fabulous. If it wasn't for one of their Product Manger's going to bat for me, I would have been, to coin a phrase from Clint Eastwood, "S.O.L"

rs

PS - The word I hear on the street is that Xrite software "sucks the big one". However, they told me worse about their customer support and I was pleasantly surprised at how helpful they were.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I went back to version 1.1.1 and my problems were solved. I am dissappointed by X-rite. I hope they will resolve this problem. It is just unworkable with completely scattered fonts.

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
It is not possible to assign blame based on what info you have given so far. It could be X-rite, but it also could be from your end, as the responses here and on DPReview to your inquiry demonstrate the software has worked fine for others.

Operating Sytsem version?
Is the OS up to date?

Are you using the correct bit version of the Colormunki software for your OS? (32 versus 64 bit software)

Video card make and model?
Is the video card driver up to date?

Monitor make and model?
Is the driver for the monitor up to date?

It is possible that something happened during the installation and that an uninstall, reboot and re-installation might resolve.

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
It is not possible to assign blame based on what info you have given so far. It could be X-rite, but it also could be from your end, as the responses here and on DPReview to your inquiry demonstrate the software has worked fine for others.

Operating Sytsem version?
Is the OS up to date?

Are you using the correct bit version of the Colormunki software for your OS? (32 versus 64 bit software)

Video card make and model?
Is the video card driver up to date?

Monitor make and model?
Is the driver for the monitor up to date?

It is possible that something happened during the installation and that an uninstall, reboot and re-installation might resolve.

I fully understand your point and concur with your statements

However, when the Vendor's download page looks something like the image below with little information to permit an intelligent choice of options there is not much the user can do. Especially as most are downloading the file because the previous version functioned satisfactorily.

Then, to add insult to injury the file is generically named "ColorMunkiPhotoSetup.exe". There is no additional identification or version number, so one cannot be even sure the link is working correctly, or that the correct file has been downloaded.

I really think we are entitled to expect better from an international company like Xrite.

However, not a big deal as Xrite is not the only company responsible for sloppy upgrade practices, so we learn to deal with them on their terms.

xrite download page.PNG

Ranting as usual :(

RS

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
@Roy Sletcher

I'm not sure what you mean by "little information to permit an intelligent choice of options". It is customary to have at least minimum requirements listed by the company that made the software. I did a cursory search on your new software and found what you presented and nothing more. If there is more information then X-rite does not share it where I was looking, which is probably where you and others were as well -- the software download pages.

The image you posted states it is version 1.2.2 twice. Not every software lists version number in the file name. However, you may be able to see the version of the file you downloaded before installation by looking at its file properties (it does). After installation, Windows apps usually have a Help or About selection which will show the version number.

That you say one cannot be sure if the download link or the file downloaded is appropriate speaks volumes of your comfort with X-rite. It is possible your and pharmacist's complaints are not peculiar to your hardware/software set ups but are truly a condition of sloppy coding and web site management. Even the giant Microsoft cannot code for every possible variations on every user's hardware and software combinations as we have read or experienced with Windows 10, especially if the user does not keep updated.

Regardless, it is unfortunate that an application for such an expensive piece of hardware does not smoothly install and function for you and pharmacist.

Addendum:
Looking aroung the X-rite web site some more... Their support page has a couple of FAQs about similar issues under Troubleshooting And Diagnostics. May not be of any help but does demonstrate issues in displaying their software in the past. Troubling, though, is that the Software Downloads section from the above link does NOT list version 1.2.2. Sloppy indeed.

One possibility for issues when installing a new version --- not uninstalling the old version first, rebooting, and then installing the new version. Yet, JToolman on dpreview.com installed over the old version without issue on Windows 10.

W. Fisher

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epsons, Canons, Brother.
Check your "Display Scaling" settings, or Google for it. No doubt you have some non-standard setting that the software doesn't like. AutoCAD had an issue too where user's had to reset to their recommended display settings as some went to wide screens and text was overlapping and it wasn't working well for them.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Check your "Display Scaling" settings, or Google for it. No doubt you have some non-standard setting that the software doesn't like. AutoCAD had an issue too where user's had to reset to their recommended display settings as some went to wide screens and text was overlapping and it wasn't working well for them.

Well actually the older version 1.1.1 behaves nicely even with display scaling on at 150%. I tried 100% and no improvement. I tried direct installing on top of the older version. I tried deinstalling the older version and installing the newer version with everything of the older version removed. I tried with and without the Javas software included with the software. Nothing seems to work....except installing the older version.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Thanks all for the information, I will stay with the original until you sort it out. :)