Clogged black dye on a 1400

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
It's my fault for not using my printers enough, though I do find it strange that it's the /dyebased/ printer that's gone bad. This one has normal resettable cartridges. The black nozzle check seems to be permanently bad. Every so often I -think- I get one more bar clear. I don't have a spare set of carts to use as cleaning carts, but I've put a few ML of cleaning fluid into the cartridge nozzle (very gently) now and then. I left it with a paper towel full of cleaning fluid under the printhead for 2 days. All this seemed to do was suck all the ink out of the cartridges. :rolleyes: I guess maybe I need a new printer or printhead. As long as I can keep the 1400 with pigment in it running I'll probably just give up for now.

Just curious if there's any way to tell if it's truly dead or if anyone has any last resort tips. I've been doing this for years and I still can't ever seem to get it quite right. :barnie

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
I'm a kind of puzzled that there are several threads now with the same subject - clogged 1400/1500W nozzles, you may try this
https://www.printerknowledge.com/th...n-nozzle-check-a-cure-maybe.11743/#post-99527
This thread is for a definite hard clog on a 1400 with dyebased ink. The other thread is for a 1400 with pigment that does not have a clog (the nozzle check is different every time and doesn't have the same bands missing), so that is a different issue.