CLI-8 refilled and printer keeps asking...

dwolf

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer keeps giving me warning messages about the empty cartridge one after another screen and then the canon warning about the cartridge... takes many screens before I can print again. This is all after I replaced the cart and already went through these messages and held down the printers button for 5 seconds.. Is there a way to go though the message process once and not again and again.. Joel

hpnetserver

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Joel, each cartridge will make you go through the whole message sequence once. If your printer has 5 cartridges like mine you have to go through the sequence 5 times. If you have two setrs of cartridges you will have to --- 10 times. There is nothing you can do about it. This is no different from harassment. It is conspired to make you buy and use OEM cartridges.

dwolf

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Yea... I was hoping the process would just be once... It doesn't happen everytime I go to print but does happen here and there after the first round of warning screens :( .. maybe soon someone will devise a crack for the print drivers :)