CLI-42 Compatibles available...

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
From Meritline. I did not know these were made yet!

http://www.meritline.com/canon-cli-...&hq_e=el&hq_m=3229566&hq_l=74&hq_v=91910844e5

Note that there's a coupon deal today for about $4 off.

Now, it they would get the description right...

"Canon CLI-42 (CLI-42 B + CLI-42 C + CLI-42 M + CLI-42 Y + CLI-42 PC + CLI-42 PM + CLI-42 GY + CLI-42 LGY) Compatible High Yield Inkjet Cartridges Combo: One Each of Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Photo Cyan, Photo Magenta, Red, Green
Manufacturer Part # CLI-42"

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
These compatible cartridges and inks are as good a quality as their webpage is, so if they can’t even get their descriptions right, how good do you think their product really is ?:idunno

Someone would really want to be hard up to seriously think that this is a good offer, I would describe it, more like a print head killer.:somad

I am surprised they also don’t offer free P&P with the Red and Green carts.. .. :lol:

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
These compatible cartridges and inks are as good a quality as their webpage is, so if they can’t even get their descriptions right, how good do you think their product really is ?:idunno

Someone would really want to be hard up to seriously think that this is a good offer, I would describe it, more like a print head killer.:somad

I am surprised they also don’t offer free P&P with the Red and Green carts.. .. :lol:

Agree 100% - That website shows more red flags than a bull fight.

Particularly wonder about the following line:
"Meritline.com does not accept orders by phone, chat, fax or email."

If they make it that rigorous to order the products that sustain their business, can you imagine how easy to get support or deal with a problem?

However, I have been wrong in the past, and the trend will undoubtedly continue. Will wait and see how this develops.

rs

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
A few years back I tried Meritline and purchased something. The transaction went well and the product was as expected. Then I purchased some Taiyo Yuden blank recordable disks from Meritline. This did not go well.

As a matter of practice, I would run test burns on a new pack of disks and then scan them for errors, jitter, etc. The disks were horrible yet TY made in Japan were always at or near best blanks available. Meritline was less than helpful in explaining this phenomena or rectifying the poorly performing disks. So I called the national headquarters for TY in the States. Talked with one of the top guys out of Japan who informed me the disks were B Stock (this was before B Stock was sold in the USA) and supposed to be sold in Mexico, not the USA. The TY man seemed embarrassed I received these sub par disks, was appreciative to learn about an internet retailer selling them against policy and sent me two hundred disks at no charge. Taiyo Yuden acted honorably. Meritline not so much.

Armed with this information from TY corporate I contacted Meritline again. After denials and getting the run around, I told them I would contact their state's attorney general, the better business bureau, and take them to court for fraud, I finally got their attention and they refunded my money.

This was years ago, so maybe they got their act together. However, the experience resulted in me never buying anything from Meritline again and now telling my story to all here.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The moral of this post#4 is Beware of a Stratman scorned, now recorded here for posterity..:love