Cleaning Up After Refill

Charles218

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I'm new at refilling and will soon need to fill and install carts that I purchased from Precision Colors in my Epson P400. The only refill so far was to the Gloss Optimizer, that went well. My question concerns what to do with the syringe and needles after refilling. How does one clean up so that everything is ready the for the next refill session? I assume that something needs to be done to avoid clogging in the needles.

W. Fisher

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epsons, Canons, Brother.
I just rinse mine out with tap water and blow them dry. I keep them all in a Tupperware container too for storage.

I also use a bar of "Lava Soap" to get the ink off my fingers which seems to work well being it is a pumice-based soap. Found it at a hardware store as most drug and grocery do not carry it.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Charles218, You could use this method instead of the syringe and needle way, no cleaning or washing required, when finished place the scabbard on the needle to keep the inks fresh...

refilling-jpg.5089

Charles218

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
These bottles appear to be a good idea, where do I find them?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I just put my own labels on the bottles.. ;)
Those are sweet labels. :bow Any chance you can upload the files, Zip file or not? :fl

moi

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I also use a bar of "Lava Soap" to get the ink off my fingers which seems to work well being it is a pumice-based soap. Found it at a hardware store as most drug and grocery do not carry it.[/QUOTE]

Get some latex gloves from a drug/big box store. Using them has ofttimes kept the ink off of my hands.

"Try it, you'll like it!"

DrStein99

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-7210
Hello. Please do NOT use TAP WATER to clean ANYTHING on a printer, or any tools. There are microscopic deposits, minerals, salts, and lots of contaminants in tap water. Please distilled water. It is purified, and contaminant free. Cost usually under $1.00 / gallon I buy them at local Walmart.

99% isopropyl alcohol is what I use to clean my printer tools. You can normally find that in drug store isle.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Please do NOT use TAP WATER to clean ANYTHING on a printer, or any tools.
I don’t know what your tap water is like, but mine is as fresh as a morning spring and Ph neutral, and it has never caused any harm to any of my refilling tools or printers, the biggest problems I face are from “ME”, because I usually do most of the damage.... :eek: