CISS for Epson Printers.

TanCoed

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET 7750
Hi all you Epsonites!
Is it better to have an Epson 7750 EcoTank printer rather than a cheaper Epson model converted to a CISS?
Which would give me the best cost per print?
IF the converted model is best, what is model would you recommend for A3 prints. Under $1000

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Why would you go for another A3 printer beyond your ET-7750 ? What and how much are you printing ?
The ET-7750 is phased out by Epson and got a successor ET-8550 .
I would not recommend a CISS conversion of an A3 printer - you don't have any support nor warranty in case of problems - now or later, I don't see any benefit of such a conversion.
'Cost per Print' - just stay with the Epson 106 or 114 inks- they are the best in terms of longevity, no other refill ink would match their performance .

TanCoed

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET 7750
Got it! IF the print cost after converting to a CISS was less than that of an EcoTank, I was thinking of converting. My supplier of CIS Systems does not convert EcoTank 7750. Hence, my question about an alternative A3 printer. I guess he does not convert any EcoTank printers as the print cost is already low. Decision made: Will stick to the 7750 that I already have and benefit from the already low print cost. Will upgrade to the latest EcoTank after my current 7750 dies! Thank you so much for your expert knowledge. Always so much appreciated. Have an enjoyable evening.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I'm not clear which cost elements are relevant or critical for you - cost of the paper - of the ink - additional elements like amortisation or work time etc.
You select the paper you consider suitable for the print job(s) you are doing, there is a wide range of papers on the market - from cheap to expensive. The ET-7750 uses Epson bottled inks which are already priced very much below the price of ink cartridges. You may go and look for alternate inks by 3rd party companies , such inks are available at a lower price and much lower performance of long term stability, that's your decision if you think you don't need much longevity of your prints - it all depends, it's your assessment and your decision. I'm at this point not able to mention any other cost benefits of a CISS installation. You may mention the inks - you could use those inks as well in your ET-7750 but again - such inks have a weak longevity performance. OEM and 3rd party inks don't vary so much by the acheivable gamut - a wide gamut is much more an issue of the paper in use.
But yes - there can be other reasons to go for a CISS - e.g. a printer converted for use of sublimation inks or other non-standard applications

Last edited:

TanCoed

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET 7750
Great Master Class. Thank you!