CIS/CFS system maintenance

Shankar

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WorkForce 845
I attached a CIS/CFS system around February, 2013 to my Epson WF845. After the ink level dropped to slightly less than a third, I refilled all the inks in the tanks to full. That was in January, 2015. Needless to say I'm not a big time printer, just my office documents, my kids school assignments, etc. Recently due to inactivity, I suspect some algae might have formed in my ink. Do you have any recommendations as to what I should be doing to avoid generation of algae? Is there a preferred maintenance that you suggest for CIS system?
Forgive me if this subject has already been discussed elsewhere - just point me to where I can find it.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Shankar, I reckon you have answered your own question:- " Needless to say I'm not a big time printer, just my office documents, my kids school assignments "

February – 13 you had full tanks and all was well in the world, and you should have continued to use up all that ink first, but in January – 15 you went and spoiled everything.

To avoid the problems you’re now having you should have drained and flushed all of the remaining inks out of your CISS First, before adding newer fresher ink to the now old ink which most likely caused a reaction between the two. (Age matters)

The only thing you can do now is to start again by flushing out the system and dumping all of the inks, but that will mean getting a new batch of inks so you can start a fresh once more..