Cheap printer refilling?

dwolf

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I've been using Canon printers with CLI carts for 15 years and have saved tons of money by refilling. Hard to know when the printers stopped doing a good job printing it was the refill factor or they just were done? My latest Canon is giving me issues and i think it's time for a new one. Can you help me choose a new one? No scanner needed. My chip resetter also stopped working. Thanks
So I will look at carts I can conitue to fill or printers that are set up for this... THANKS.
Does not need to be a Canon

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Watch out for a discounted Pro 100 on many of the websites at this time of the year for unbeatable value, and you can then continue using and refilling with 3rd party inks as you have been doing.

If you careful you might even get 15 years out of the Pro 100 because its a great rugged printer, and don’t be put off by its size, it’s just a little pussycat..

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Canon and Epson are offering tank system printers - Epson Ecotank ET.... or Canon G1400/1500.... which make cartridge refill obsolete. Companies offer different models and model numbers in different areas of the world, such a printer could be a useful choice (but all of those come with a scanner to promote the use and sale of inks). Consumables for this type of printer are cheap - that affordable that you don't need to look for alternatives.
But it all depends what you really need - e.g. duplex printing - photo printing and what your actual print volume is.