CD Label Print software for Canon Pixma ip6000 in Windows Vista

Tashacat

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I got a new PC with Vista installed and I cannot find CD Label Print software that will work in
Vista for my Canon ip6000 printer.
Any ideas?
Thank you

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
jflan said:
stratman said:
http://www.acoustica.com/cd-label-maker/

Vista compatible and support for Canon IP6000D.
Yep, Acoustica is my preferred label app also, but the OP wants CD LabelPrint.
jflan:

It is good you found that app for him.

Given the OP stated he couldn't find a version compatible with VISTA and asked for "any ideas?", it seemed reasonable to suggest alternate software which the developer advertises as compatible with VISTA.

Smile seemed to think similarly as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Smile:
Use this, cheap and has most easy interface ever, http://www.magicmouse.com/h_discus_detail.html
Comes with tons of templates you can use.

Last edited by Smile (Today 6:10:27 pm)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Smile's and my post are not useful to the OP, then so be it. I'll let the OP make up their own mind for themselves.

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
jflan, thanks for pointing to the new version of the free Canon CD printing software.

If you have used it, have you noticed anything new compared to the old CD label print? I use Windows XP but I'd prefer to use the newer version if they have made improvements.

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
panos said:
jflan, thanks for pointing to the new version of the free Canon CD printing software.

If you have used it, have you noticed anything new compared to the old CD label print? I use Windows XP but I'd prefer to use the newer version if they have made improvements.
No, I haven't used this version.
It would be interesting to know if they have allowed for O.D. greater than 118mm in this new version.
Quite some time ago I sampled Acoustica in free trial form and ended up buying it (approx $22US).
I'm always looking for free stuff, but Acoustica is that good.

Froggy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
jflan said:
[
No, I haven't used this version.
It would be interesting to know if they have allowed for O.D. greater than 118mm in this new version.
Quite some time ago I sampled Acoustica in free trial form and ended up buying it (approx $22US).
I'm always looking for free stuff, but Acoustica is that good.
Just revisited this thread and updated my label printing s/w to latest version. The latest version still goes to 118mm and just doesn't go small enough for the hole on my full face printable CDs, but I'm not concerned.

Regarding versions, the ONLY problem with the Canon is that it is only for direct to Disc printing, it will not do sticky paper labels. For that, I have an old version of Nero which seems to do the job fine. Nero may be basic, but I can print two different paper labels on the same sheet of paper, which certain other software mentioned here cannot, and that does help me a lot.

Why do I still do paper labels? If I need to make another 6 copies (all legal and above board, I hold copyright) of a CD, doing 6 paper labels is the work of a couple of minutes. Doing direct to CD printing takes much longer.