Canon S750

JRImrie

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a problem printing yellow and the cyan yellow (E nozzle check). Have installed two printheads new one and a replacement from canon. New cartridges, cleaned contacts, not plugged, no error lights, but it still will not print the yellow and the cyan yellow (E on nozzle check). Canon says it could be something else. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? Eprom print out indicates service error 5100. Got it to print yellow but not the E nozzle check

JRImrie

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I got the printer to print yellow but still will not print the "E" nozzle check. Tried blowing into vent hole to prime no difference. Eprom printout says error 5100 but there are no lights flashing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CanonPhreak

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Error 5100 refers to a problem with the printhead carriage.

Check the encoder strip and clean it with alcohol and a q-tip. Also check that the printhead is locked down properly. You may also want to re-lubricate the carriage bar (white lithium grease works best for me).

JRImrie said:
I got the printer to print yellow but still will not print the "E" nozzle check. Tried blowing into vent hole to prime no difference. Eprom printout says error 5100 but there are no lights flashing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JRImrie

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks CanonPhreak for the answer on the 5100 error. I cleand the strip and the carriage bar.

I still am having probles withe nozzle check Cyan prints for the B pattern but get nothing under the E pattern. Seems very odd that two new printerheads would do this. Any help would be appreciated. I should have said one Cyan block prints the other does not.