Canon Pro10 service manual

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
I’m considering to purchase a Canon Pro10. Not right now; maybe next year. Looking for info on this printer I found of course lots of reviews and the regular manuals available on Canon’s web but I was hoping to find also a service manual. I have them for all my former Canons (ip4000, ip4500, Pro9000). After a bit of ‘googling’ you can ( or could) download them for free. Anyway, it seems that Canon went more secretive with their latest models because there seems to be none for the Pro10 out there or, at least, I can’t find it.

I’d be grateful if somebody could give me a hand on this. I don’t mind paying for the download ( provided they don’t ask $100 :rolleyes: )

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I’m considering to purchase a Canon Pro10
The Pro 10 is a pretty good printer to have, not only can you get great prints from it, but you can also use 3rd party inks with it and it also has the easiest cartridge to refill on the market.

You’ll have little to no luck finding any service manual, Canon don’t release them anymore and if you do manage to get one it will cost you, anyway you can get much better advice on the Pro 10 here on this forum, a service manual is only good when you break something, so try not to... ;)

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thanks for the help. I was already suspecting that Canon stopped providing service manuals for their printers. Sure, they aren’t essential, but they come handy now and then. Learning about error codes and possible solutions or which ink colors are used with each paper type. Also, I enter into service mode when I want to do an extended nozzle text, monitoring the number of prints, condition of the waste ink pad and other things that you can't do or find in the driver menu or the regular user manual..

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hi @Artur5, the error codes are very much the same in your pro 9000 as they would be in a new Pro 10 and so are which inks are used on different media and quality settings. (All most exact)

The real bummer on the new Canon Pro printers is you are no longer able to enter service mode to access any of these setting anymore, the last models still able to this are the Pro 9500 ll and a few Pro 1’s...

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
In all my former and current Canons (ip3000, ip4000, i4500, pro9000) the procedure to enter into service mode is the same:

Push and hold Resume. Push and hold Power. Release Resume. Press Resume twice. Release Power. Wait until the green led stops flashing.

I read somewhere that for the Pro10 it’s almost likewise, only you have to press Resume five times instead of two. For what you say, that won’t work ... :he

Well, it's not the end of the world but it was so nice being able to reset the waste ink pad counter :D

Thanks again Hat.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Place the printer on a tray that can collect any ink leakage then dispose of printer when you want.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
This printer will stop long before any leakage occurs, then it’s good bye my trusty one, and time to bin it...:(