Canon Pro 10s printhead

John2000

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pro 10s
Hi John from the UK I have a Canon pro 10s it was given to me by friend,because he didn't have room for it any more the Printhead was Clogged I could not get it to clear, I tried lots of times nothing worked in the end this damaged to printhead . So now I am looking to buy a refurbished printhead can anyone recommend where is the best place to buy one from a new one from canon would be out of my price range . Thank you John

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Don't buy a refurbished printhead. They are used and most likely defective and have been cleaned to look like new. They are often packaged in counterfeit cardboard boxes and foil bags. Instead buy a new printhead from a regular dealer of Canon spare parts. The printhead parts number is QY6-0085.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
So now I am looking to buy a refurbished printhead can anyone recommend where is the best place to buy one from a new one from canon would be out of my price range .
Hi John, now if a new print head is to expensive for you , then I’m afraid you’ve got no chance of ever getting the printer working again, and as @PeterBJ said, refurbished heads are rubbish and most likely will never work.

Here is the official place to get a print head from in the UK, and failing that then sell the printer as is, and move on, because there are no cheaper options, and please if you have any printer problems in the future, then come here first before attempting to fix it yourself.. Sorry..

https://www.crc-tasktron.co.uk/Item/qy6-0085-canon-print-head

John2000

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pro 10s
Thank you for your help and advice I have just ordered a new canon printhead from CRC Tasktron Ltd its only cost me £130 delivered I was expecting a lot more. My printer is only showing me it printed 250 pages so hopefully happy days ahead. CRC recommended I only use canon inks owing to the cost of canon is there any alternative inks
that print well that anyone could recommend.
I have a canon 8750 which I am really happy with but I been told the pro 10s is much better ? and Thanks again for your prompt reply's. It's been any years since Iv been to Wicklow am betting thing have changed a lot .

John2000

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pro 10s
Don't buy a refurbished printhead. They are used and most likely defective and have been cleaned to look like new. They are often packaged in counterfeit cardboard boxes and foil bags. Instead buy a new printhead from a regular dealer of Canon spare parts. The printhead parts number is QY6-0085.
Thank you Peter I have taken your advice

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
It's been any years since Iv been to Wicklow am betting thing have changed a lot .
Nope. its still the very same as when you last visited..;)

There are two ways to go to save by not purchasing OEM Canon ink..
1 is to refill your own OEM carts with cheaper inks and this ink can be purchased from

https://www.octoink.co.uk/categories/Inkjet-Refilling/Refill-Kits:-Canon/Pro-Bundles/

2 you can purchase compatible carts with ink from a number of suppliers if you don’t wish to refill yourself, but the quality and colours can be somewhat off a bit..

https://www.amazon.com/Cartlee-Compatible-Cartridges-Replacement-Printers/dp/B07GHWFK58

https://www.cartridgepeople.com/Canon/Pixma/Pixma-Pro-10-Ink-Cartridges

3 filling your existing empty carts with compatible ink is not as hard as you might expect, and it will give you the best quality prints and the cheapest possible price, but be aware starting refilling is fairly expensive but after that it’s cost free for many a year afterwards..

John2000

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pro 10s
I think I will go with the 3rd option is there any particular company or are they all similar . Which one do you use '
1983 was the last time .I used to go to Enniscorthy and Kilkenny many for the greyhound racing .Iv been in the Ship in Wicklow Quite a few times.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I use OctoInkjet to get everything that I need, you can use customer service for any advice needed, he won’t steer you wrong, and will help you get your refilling established, and then there is always here (This place) we are known to help with all the baby steps needed.. good luck because you’ve got a great printer in the Pro 10..

Ahh, the boozers here, there’s nothing like them..:drool