CANON Pro 100 - Print Studio Pro

Michael Maher

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 100
Hi All,

I print via Photoshop and for a long time I enjoyed using the pro software that came with my Printer...I think it was called Print Studio Pro. The the files remain in my applications folder (and say they are "installed and running". But, the link no longer appears. I can print but without the sophistication of Studio Pro...I get next to no control over things that I enjoyed before.

You should be aware that I am using Photoshop for Mac and have an account with Adobe Cloud.

This must be an issue that others have suffered with but I don't seem to be able to get many answers when I have asked on other forums. Would be most grateful for any advice. Mike

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Michael Maher, The First thing to ask you is: are you refilling your CLl-42 cartridges, because that’s usually why Print Studio Pro stops working for you.

The software is aware of the Setup cartridges that came with your printer, and unless you have purchased a new second set from a retailer and are using them, then the Print Studio Pro will not work..

You need to have a set of cartridges installed in your printer that does not say Setup on the Label...Sneaky Canon...:(

Michael Maher

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 100
Hi All,

I print via Photoshop and for a long time I enjoyed using the pro software that came with my Printer...I think it was called Print Studio Pro. The the files remain in my applications folder (and say they are "installed and running". But, the link no longer appears. I can print but without the sophistication of Studio Pro...I get next to no control over things that I enjoyed before.

You should be aware that I am using Photoshop for Mac and have an account with Adobe Cloud.

This must be an issue that others have suffered with but I don't seem to be able to get many answers when I have asked on other forums. Would be most grateful for any advice. Mike

Thank for your thoughts...I wish it were that simple, but I have never used any ink other than Canon. In fact the printer does print but with very few options and is not satisfactory for photo comps. I have always had a "pro", mono etc choice, gave me many choices over sizing, colour I t was a very clever bit of software. I have downloaded all the updates fro Canon but no change.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I have downloaded all the updates fro Canon but no change.
Sometimes a complete uninstall of ALL canon drivers and apps, then a reboot, then reinstalling the printer and apps from scratch as if you had just taken the printer out of the box will resolve an issue like yours. I'd first try uninstalling the app and not the printer, reboot, then reinstall the app. If that doesn't work then uninstall it all.

Don't forget to turn off the printer and unplug the USB cable of the printer from the computer before you reboot the computer to do the big reinstall. You want to mimic the way things were when you first brought home the printer.