Canon Pro 100 Ink on black sponge

tjk

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1430
Hey All,

I have a few Canon Pro 100's I've been using for almost a year. I refill them with PC ink's and have not had a problem...yet.

I just noticed this during my last swap of the carts, I have ink "blobs" on the black sponge inside each of the printers, in different areas. The prints are coming out fine, no issues with those (yet).

The ink is wet to the touch. I am not printing full bleed, nor am I printing full page photo's, just standard 8.5 x 11 small images that we then cut out of the sheets.

I checked all the carts tonight, with the plug in, none of them are leaking ink when I hold them outside of the printer.

Any idea or anything else I should be checking?

1.jpg 2.jpg 4.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@tjk, There is no need to worry, because this happens when your printing quite a bit, and that’s what those little black sponges in the platen area are for.

It’s probably excess ink that drips off the underside of the head when it stops so quickly, just fold up a paper cloth small and press it down on the area effected to dry it out...

tjk

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1430
@tjk, There is no need to worry, because this happens when your printing quite a bit, and that’s what those little black sponges in the platen area are for.

It’s probably excess ink that drips off the underside of the head when it stops so quickly, just fold up a paper cloth small and press it down on the area effected to dry it out...
Thank you! I was worried something was wrong with my refilling method.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
If it really bothers you, soak up some of the ink (carefully) with toilet tissue or equal.

William Seaward

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1, 10, 100
I'm going to have to pay attention to these ink "blobs" in my printer. I do like to keep things tidy.