Canon Pro-100 Firmware Version

Jim Walker

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma pro-100, ip3000
I've been trying to figure out what firmware version my Pro-100 is using. I saw that if you print out a nozzle check the version will be at the bottom. Mine shows Ver. 2.001 but when I look at the Canon site the newest firmware version for Windows is Ver. 1.2. What am I missing here?
Thanks

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Jim Walker, my advice to you is, don’t go upgrading your firmware for no apparent reason at all. leave well enough alone, most times these new firmware upgrades are for Canon and not for the user.
If it Ain’t broke... :duc

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The info under your avatar tells us you are in the USA, so we know to look at Canon's USA web site for updates. The geographic distribution for a printer may have a different firmware from another location.

Unfortunately, you did not tell us your Operating System version which will help speed the corroboration of your findings. Nor did you tell us how old your printer is. If you bought recently you may have the most up to date firmware version that, for some reason, is not reflected in your search.

Let us know these last two things please.

Lastly, @The Hat is 100% correct. Never change your firmware unless it is for a documented specific fix to an issue you are experiencing OR there is some additional function you must have in the new firmware. Printer manufacturers are infamous for updates that actually take away functionality such as capability to reset chips or enter into Service Mode.