Canon Pro 100 clogged nozzle, won't unclog

Methodical

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
USA
Hello everyone. The PM cartridge is clogged. I ran several cleaning stages with no luck. I replaced the cartridge and ran a couple more cleaning with no luck. Any advice on unclogging the print head?

I found some information about placing the head some water and flushing by adding water to the area where the cartridges releases the ink, however, I thought I'd check with the experts here first before proceeding.

Thanks...Al

Last edited:

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Please post a scan or photo of a nozzle check before we can comment.

Methodical

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
USA
Here's a photo. I enhanced it a bit so that the PM nozzle print will show better, so the other colors may look off.

Thanks

Attachments

• Canon 100055.jpg
    Canon 100055.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 586

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
We must tread carefully.

Assuming you have a new OEM (Canon) cart and have removed the tape over the vent hole, I would try two more deep cleans (spaced about 15 minutes apart to allow the printhead to cool). If there is no further improvement in the PM nozzle check, then an "out of printer" head clean may be in order. The most recommended cleaning fluid is ORIGINAL FORMULA Windex, with ammonia "D".

Get back to us with the result.

Methodical

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
USA
Hello and thanks. I've tried alot of deep cleans and it won't budge. I need to do an out of printer clean. Do I soak the printhead in the windex? If not, how do I got about the cleaning process. For the time being, I've replaced the printhead with a new one - I purchased a printer from someone that got it with the rebate as an emergency back up. I found more on Craiglist and will most buy another as backup. However, I still would like to fix this printhead though.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Methodial, Firstly, get a dish/tray deep and large enough to fit the head, and leave it standing in 2” of Windex for about 6 hours, then try the same again but this time use Dreft washing up liquid and warm water, cover the ink inlets where the carts sit also, leave it standing overnight in the second solution.

When you ready to test print the head, thoroughly dry it in a very warn place before re-fitting, run one cleaning cycle and then try a nozzle check, compare it to the earlier ones and see if the PM has improved...

The original ink problem may have been caused from insufficient use or just a poorly performing cartridge, either ways its probably just bad luck as these things can happen anytime..

Methodical

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
USA
Thanks Hat. It's definitely my fault. I let the printer sit too long without a print. I am soaking in Windex now.

Last edited: