Canon Pro-1 will not power up.

MJGadget

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1, Pro-10, Pro-1000
I have Canon Pro-1 that will not power up. I bought it used and unfortunately it was shipped to me with the ink cartridges taken out of the printer. It powered up for them to take the carts out before they shipped it but dead when I got it. I have tried multiple power cords and different outlets but no lights come on. Any suggestions would be helpful.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@MJGadet, I would hazard a guess and say you’ve been stuck with a lemon, so can you get your money back from this charlatan, because if he has removed the carts, what’s to say he hasn’t nicked the print head also.

If the unit won’t turn on, it’s probably been mis-threated by it’s previous owners and your only course of action now is to drop it into a dumpster or use as a huge door stop because spending more money on it would only be a waste of time, sorry I can’t offer you any better advice.. :(

MJGadget

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1, Pro-10, Pro-1000
@MJGadet, I would hazard a guess and say you’ve been stuck with a lemon, so can you get your money back from this charlatan, because if he has removed the carts, what’s to say he hasn’t nicked the print head also.

If the unit won’t turn on, it’s probably been mis-threated by it’s previous owners and your only course of action now is to drop it into a dumpster or use as a huge door stop because spending more money on it would only be a waste of time, sorry I can’t offer you any better advice.. :(

@The Hat , Thank you for your insight. I purchased two Pro-1's from a Charity so they can keep the money. One is working just fine. The second one not so much but it had a set of carts more than half full. I paid more for the shipping than the printer so the ink was worth the cost and it supports the charity.
I was thinking that I should pull the print head and save it assuming it is still in good working condition. How difficult is it to remove and preserve for storage?

Latest posts