Canon pro-1 ink from china?

BMate

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro
Hi,

Any of you ordered pgi-29 inks from china? I found cheap prices on alibaba.com. Do you have any experience with it? I hope my printer won't be clogged because of the ink quality...

BMate

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro
Thank you! I will contact with that supplier.

BMate

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro
My second-hand pro-1 is arrived yesterday. It still has some ink in it, red led is flashing slowly, so I could print a few test photos. Perfect....
Now I need to order new ink. All of the ink cartridges will be empty at the same time and I would like to replace them.

How can I check what firmware is the printer using? Because of Alastair, Nov 22, 2015 post in here: http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/canon-pixma-pro-1-ink-and-refill-options.9954/page-5
To make sure it will be compatible.

Foto Fuhrer, Apr 17, 2016 post in here made me confused: http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/canon-pixma-pro-1-ink-and-refill-options.9954/page-7
Can I replace all of the inks at the same time? The printer driver will ask me to replace the cartridges one by one and it will use a little ink after each replacement. Will my first cartridge's ink level drop down seriously?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@BMate, The red light flashing just means you’re getting low on ink and the printer will stop when you finally run out of one or another of inks.

The firmware issue can be a bit of a bummer and there are two ways of checking which Version you have on your printer, first one is to print a nozzle check and the Version number should print on the bottom of that sheet, but on the older printers that does not happen, which can be good. !

The second is to enter Service mode and print an EPROM information sheet, but again if you can enter Service Mode with your printer then you’re on the pigs back and you got a good printer, and Feck the firmware version.

Now the firmware Version does not tell the whole story because Canon have a secret way of altering the information contained on the EPROM chip without having to upgrade the firmware in the normal manner, and I suspect this is done by installation of a newer print driver and not the one on the CD, (Unconfirmed)

You can change any or all of your cartridges at any time with the Pro 1, you don’t have to wait till they show low, because this ink detection system is far more intelligent than on the average Canon printer.

Here is a link to @jtoolman who is selling empty OEM Pro 1 cartridges with a new chip installed and all you have to do is to refilled the carts yourself, also how to refill the Carts successfully...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsl3KSv-3ok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5DjvuRXIPA

BMate

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro
I have a version 2.010. So maybe I need to write to all of the ink tank supplier, that are those cartridges compatible with my printer (including jtoolman).
Changing inks: After I switched on the printer, I just simply can change all of the inks and then, I need to close the "doors" and ready to use! Good news.
Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_20161002_122213 (1).jpg
    IMG_20161002_122213 (1).jpg
    87 KB · Views: 295

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Just so you guys know I only have the carts. They are premachined to accept thesis ble use chip typically " Fatter " chips.
Chip and inks are obtained from www.precisioncolors.com
I can only ship to USA addresses and a few other countries.
You can reach through precisioncolors site and pro-1 section.

Joe