Canon Pro-1 flashing warning lights

3Ds

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1
Hi guys

Thought I'd post here before I get rid of the printer.

I bought a Pro-1 printer on eBay, it was stated that printer was not working and had an orange light flashing 10 times which I thought would be an easy fix. Turns out it's actually flashing white and orange which is a b200 error, according to the online manual. The previous owner had it for 4 years, used canon inks only and only printed for personal use. He also said that he just replaced half of the inks so I thought it may of been an ink seating issue but I downloaded the drivers and it won't recognise the printer.

Also, I don't know what the firmware is!!

Can anyone help?

Thanks guys

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@3Ds, to be honest I reckon you have bought a pig in a poke, that said you have two choices now, to spend some money on it or move on.

You may in fact have one of the older Pro-1’s so it may be worth your while to fix it up again, the print head is more than likely shagged and because the seller lied to you, he knew very well what he had done to it before getting rid of the printer to you.

There is no way of knowing which firmware is installed on the machine without entering Service mode or printing a nozzle check and a full print head alignment, because on some of the models the firmware Version is printed on theses sheets but not always.

So, you have the choice of “Did I fire 5 shots or 6 “I am afraid it’s a bit of a crap shoot, do you take the gamble or fold your cards, if it were me, and it’s not I’d purchase a new print head and hope for the best, you have gone this far now, it maybe be worth it in the end...

http://www.crc-tasktron.co.uk/index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=81

3Ds

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1
Thanks Hat

I'll probably send it in for repairs, probably needs a service anyway

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
@3Ds, whatever you do don’t send it into Canon Service, you’d be better off putting it in the bin, because once they get their greedy hands on it, your wallet won’t be big enough to pay the bill.

Another problem with sending it for service is they will no dough alter the EPROM information on you and you most definitely won’t be able to enter Service Mode after that and more besides, you’d be better off sourcing another printer elsewhere, with the money.
Service Centres are not the friendliest places to send your printer too, been there done that...:hide

3Ds

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1
Really appreciate that hat

Might try the new print head then, but there wasn't a cd so when I downloaded the drivers it was asking me to update the firmware, do you know where I could get the older drivers from? And which Windows xp or 7?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I reckon you have come unstuck again, you can download a driver from the Canon website, but you won’t find one for anything older than Win 7, and XP is not supported by this model printer, download the oldest one on their site, not the newest, and what ever you do DON’T upgrade the firmware, no matter what they say.:fl
Old is much better.. ;)