Canon Pro 1 banding

Tyson Kleidon

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1
Hi everyone, I stumbled on this awesome forum while looking for troubleshooting help for my canon pro 1. I was printing on an a3+ plus on my Pro 1 when the printer appeared to stop at the end of the print. After a while it ejected the last bit and I noticed that it had some banding in the edge. It’s like it has stopped printing before the edge of the photo. Exactly Prior to this print I had two paper jams; I found a peice of paper which was ‘packed’ inside the body (I purchased the printer second hand). The print head was hitting this paper; After clearing the jams And the scrunched up paper I ran a roller clean cycle.

I’ve run a nozzle check and it appears fine. I’ve been printing photos before this one and had no problems (albeit in a smaller size paper). I’ve since printed 1 x 6x4 with no issues. I’m at a loss as to what I should do; I don’t want to print another a3+ and have the same problem.

The paper I used was Canson photographique rag 310, printed using Lightroom, art margin 30.

Anyone know what might be the cause/fix?

Cheers!

Attachments

• 2C8D33FE-A539-45D8-BAE9-DAFA451D6F4B.jpeg
    2C8D33FE-A539-45D8-BAE9-DAFA451D6F4B.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 302

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi @Tyson Kleidon and welcome, as you have not printed a large size print since, you have no way of knowing if you have cured the paper jam issue yourself, good catch by the way.

There’s no need to waste a huge piece of photo paper to find out if you were successful or not, all you need is a section of a photo print on the very last bit of the page to be sure, just set your image up to print again and then cut and crop all but the last 10 mm of the print.

This way you’ll only lose the very last bit of the SRA3 sheet and it can then be reused to print on later, better still reuse the previous sheet...

Tyson Kleidon

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1
Thanks @The Hat. I've printed on the back of that image using your suggestion and it has printed fine. Would you have any other suggestions or things I should try before I have a go at a full print again?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Tyson Kleidon, Don’t waste your ink doing further test prints and getting the same good results, just return to normal printing and enjoy your printer...;)

Latest posts