Canon printer does not recognize ink cartridge

Mehdi

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a canon pixma ip6600d and I refill it several times and have no problems, 3 days ago when i turn on the printer, I fouund a new error on printer display :" Can't recognize the following ink tank : cyan", error number "U150",
I removed all the ink tank and then printer head and tried to clean print head , but the problem is still here "eror U150", please help me how can I fix it?

SpideRMaN

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
I think it's a chip problem.

I got U150 error on mp980 and have to replace the chip.

Mehdi

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks,
Could you help me more?

SpideRMaN

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Hi,

If it's a chip failure you have to replace it or the cart. did you try a cartridge replacement ?

Mehdi

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,
i removed all the iink tanks and then replace another ink tank (yellow) in syan position (instead of cyan), but the printer showed that yellow ink is in its position and couldn't recognise cyan, I took all ink tanks in their right position instead of yellow and cyan, but the printer showed that yellow is in its right postion and couldn't recognize "cyan" ink tank, I'm not sure about the prnint head because I remove and clean it, and it may damaged,
I'm looking for your advise,:)

SpideRMaN

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Hi,

You cannot swap chipped carts. each chip is numbered to it's respective color.

Mehdi

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,
How I ensure that the problem is just because of cyan ink chip (cart) and other parts of printer (like print head and...) works properly?

Mehdi

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks,
so it is the chip problem and I have to replace cyan ink tank or buy a new printer