1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: A Real Cool Upgrade to Improve your 3D Printing...
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Canon Pixma Pro 100 Nozzle check revealing missing colors

Discussion in 'Canon InkJet Printers' started by cosmos, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Apr 15, 2018
    cosmos

cosmos Print Lurker

Printer Model:
    Canon Pixma Pro 100
    Hi All,

Last week I got a Open Box Canon Pixma Pro 100 from Kijiji.
    After I installed today, I was excited to run my first print.

Found that the nozzle check was missing two colors.

I have run cleaning, followed by deep cleaning multiple times however it did not help with the problem.
    I have also cleaned the print head according to the procedure mentioned in the below link, but no help.

http://www.castleink.com/category/82/Cleaning-Clogged-Canon-Print-Heads.html?language=en

I am attaching the Nozzle check output.

Color PM is totally missing, Color Y appears a little bit but not fully. All the rest of the colors are great.

Can someone help what can be the issue and what should be my way forward.

I dont have the bill however the seller assured me that this should still be in warranty.

Attached Files:

• nzp.jpg
      nzp.jpg
      File size:
      81.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Apr 15, 2018
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon were, BUT 3D is better..
    Hi @cosmos and welcome, to start out with, you have been doing more harm than good to your printer, and you need to take things slower and have more patience, rushing in to fast can damage your print head.

That website you linked too, they are total idiots and their advice is a recipe for disaster, they don’t know a thing about Canon print heads and the cleaning methods they describe will only produce problems later.

To start with never do cleaning cycles one after another that’s not what there for, you need to run nozzle checks in between each cycle and check your progress and never run more than one deep cleaning cycle in 24 hours, or print anything other than nozzle checks.

The most likely cause of all your problems are cartridge related, are all the cartridges installed in the printer OEM and has the covering tape been removed from the end of the PM cartridge. ?

The yellow nozzles are something different however, it looks very much like you have caught the Yello Gello syndrome problem and that will take time to clear up, only with a good soaking.

Try soaking the print head in 2” of Windex in a plastic bowl and don’t put any Ammonia anywhere near the print head, you’ll need to leave it to soak for 1 to 2 days and you may have to print with it like that for a month to get it completely clear.

While you have the head soaking you will want to replace your yellow and PM cartridges with new ones, its imperative to use cartridges that you know are in perfect condition, otherwise your trouble shooting will amount to nothing.

P.S. Sorry but have you considered you might have been sold a Lemon..

3. Apr 18, 2018
    cosmos

cosmos Print Lurker

Printer Model:
    Canon Pixma Pro 100
    Hi thanks a lot for your comment and apologies for the delay.
    The cartiridges are all OEM and the covering tape was already removed when i received the printer (the cartridges were all sitting in a plastic bags with the orange plastic seals also removed). Both the yellow and PM cartridges are full of liquid on both sides. I also had checked that both these cartridges were very well leaving marks on a paper napkin when i pressed them againt it so liquid seems to be flowing well. Do you still recommend i buy new cartridges?
    I did not mention it, however I had been running nozzle checks after each cleaning cycle(the printer utility used to ask me to run it automatically after every cleaning).
    I dont have Windex however i have ordered it from Amazon and will try the soaking method.
    Yes the probability of a lemon is very well there i am afraid. Do you know if there is a way to find out if this will be still covered under warranty.
    Thanks

4. Apr 18, 2018
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon were, BUT 3D is better..
    @cosmos, so your saying the carts came in a plastic bag, and what about the print head, was that still in the printer, or that too also came in a separate bag ?

When you were getting several nozzle checks after cleaning was there any improvement in the output at all, because the yellow nozzles definitely look contaminated but I’m at a loss as to what’s wrong with the PM nozzles.

I’d recommend getting another PM cart (Compatible acceptable), and please take your time because patients can be your best friend for producing good results...

5. Apr 18, 2018
    cosmos

cosmos Print Lurker

Printer Model:
    Canon Pixma Pro 100
    Yes the print head was in a separate bag too..this looked to me a demo from bestbuy which was repacked after some use.
    After i installed everything, i ran nozzle check, which initially revealed M, Y and PM complety missing from group 1.
    After a couple of cleaning cycles, M returned (in a srate that you see in picture), Yellow returned partially (more than what you currently see in picture) and PM never returned. Yellow diminished (to what you see currently in picture) after i performed the process of print head cleaning recommended by the site that you mentioned as idiots.
    Could there be something wrong with electric circuitry for PM?

6. Apr 19, 2018
    PeterBJ

PeterBJ Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon iP4300 + Epson scanner
    There is a simple comparison test you can use to determine if your yellow and photo magenta cartridges are in good working order or are the cause of the problems. Take a cartridge from one of the colours that is working perfectly for instance normal magenta. Hold this cartridge over a sink with the ink outlet facing downwards or hold a piece of kitchen paper/paper towel under the ink outlet. Now blow gently by mouth into the vent and notice how little effort it takes to expel a drop of ink or two. Now do the same test with the offending cartridges. This will indicate if new cartridges will probably make the failing colours work again.

You can wipe the cartridge with isopropyl alcohol before blowing into it if you prefer.

The Hat likes this.
  7. Apr 19, 2018
    cosmos

cosmos Print Lurker

Printer Model:
    Canon Pixma Pro 100
    Thank you PeterBJ.I will try this simple test and publish the results.