Canon Pixma Mp620 Copy Area Error

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
A weird problem with this machine today. I wanted to do some copying at 100% see original jpeg where the left margin is approximately 3/4" from the left hand edge whereas the copy is 2" from the same edge. This has cut off part of the text on the right hand size.

L have tried various settings but nothing cures it. Any ideas appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 535
  • IMG_0001.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 547

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Check that the Page Size is correct. (I'm assuming you have the what is being copied correctly positioned on the glass platen.)

My default page size is A4 on my MP830. I need to press the Settings button next to the LCD screen and then change the Page Size to proper size (8.5" x 11" for instance) before copying or else it cuts off a part of the original.

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
Check that the Page Size is correct. (I'm assuming you have the what is being copied correctly positioned on the glass platen.)

My default page size is A4 on my MP830. I need to press the Settings button next to the LCD screen and then change the Page Size to proper size (8.5" x 11" for instance) before copying or else it cuts off a part of the original.
Yes I am putting the original in the right place and selecting 100% but the copy as shown in the jpeg has moved the side margin over and cut the equivalent amount off the other side. I have since noticed that the A4 size is now missing from the display. It goes 100%/density/A5/plainpaper/standard.
Tried downloading up to date software but no change.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I hate to have to say this but I think your print head is well beyond saving
and it may well have started to affect your logic board also.

You’re getting far too many different errors for it to be just one problem
and your EPROM chip has started to send out different messages too,
so you can expect the printer not to turn on one of these times for you sorry..:(

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The problem with the A5 setting instead of A4 setting when using the machine as a stand alone copier, could be caused by an operator error instead of an electronic error. I deliberately changed the setting on my MP540, that uses same menu structure as the MP620, from A4 to A5 in the copier menu, and got exactly the behaviour described by barfl2.

So barfl2 I guess your printer display looks like this when selecting copy except for the language being English instead of Danish, click to enlarge:

DSCN0200.JPG

Use the arrow down button to highlight "A5" and press OK to change setting. This might not seem logical, but in this case OK confirms that you want to change a setting. click to enlarge:

DSCN0203.JPG

You now get this menu. Use arrow up/down to navigate to A4 and click OK to confirm. click to enlarge:

DSCN0205.JPG

Now click the back button, and your copier menu should now be back to normal, click to enlarge:

DSCN0206.JPG

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Yes I am putting the original in the right place and selecting 100% but the copy as shown in the jpeg has moved the side margin over and cut the equivalent amount off the other side.
I have since noticed that the A4 size is now missing from the display. It goes 100%/density/A5/plainpaper/standard.
Tried downloading up to date software but no change.
Your Page Size,or whatever Canon calls it on your printer needs to be set to the proper page size. Currently you say it is "A5". Your printer will then expect an A5 sized paper to be copied and will crop the image and print accordingly. This is why I wrote how I have to change the default A4 to 8.5" x 11" - the standard size of letter sized paper in the USA - in order to not have one of the margins cut off on the copied printout.

If PeterBJ's instructions do not fit for you then look in your user manual on how to set the Page Size or whatever terms are used with your printer for dimensions of the page used for printing on, not the size of the paper being copied.

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
The problem with the A5 setting instead of A4 setting when using the machine as a stand alone copier, could be caused by an operator error instead of an electronic error. I deliberately changed the setting on my MP540, that uses same menu structure as the MP620, from A4 to A5 in the copier menu, and got exactly the behaviour described by barfl2.

So barfl2 I guess your printer display looks like this when selecting copy except for the language being English instead of Danish, click to enlarge:

View attachment 95

Use the arrow down button to highlight "A5" and press OK to change setting. This might not seem logical, but in this case OK confirms that you want to change a setting. click to enlarge:

View attachment 96

You now get this menu. Use arrow up/down to navigate to A4 and click OK to confirm. click to enlarge:

View attachment 97

Now click the back button, and your copier menu should now be back to normal, click to enlarge:

View attachment 98
Thanks PeterBj for your post and instructions. Before visiting the Forum this morning I tried resetting the printer to factory settings via device settings and this restored the full A4 copy facility. However I wish to stress that the A4 symbol was showing in my first copies. It was only later when I was trying zoom, fit to page etc that I noticed it was missing. I was getting the margin error shown in my attach

So far printing is going OK although do not know why, or for how long. The cyan cart installed yesterday had been used previously and showed blank cyan, just hope The Hats prediction does not arrive just yet, the compatible carts arrived today (3).