Canon pixma ip 5000 and pixma ip 4000???

Inez

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have the Pixma 5000 as indicated in my initial query in my original post. I have a friend that works at a store that is clearing out the older canon's and can get me a Pixma 4000 for $99 (5000 available) and I was thinking of getting it for a spare printer, in the event that my 5000 develops a problem and I have spare cartridges which I would be able to use in the 4000.

What I am wondering about is that the 9.600 dpi and the 1 pico liter in the Pixma 5000; would it be significantly obvious when doing photos on Canon glossy 4x6 inch paper since the Pixma 4000 has a dpi of 4800 and is 2 - 3 pico liter?

I spoke to Canon's warranty service depot and they said there would be some difference of course because of the specs., however they indicated it would be difficult to notice with the eye without looking closely with a magnifier. (He was talking 4x6 pictures which was my inquiry.

Has any member had experience with the Pixma 4000 and does it do photos reasonably well? I am not doing mass photos as I don't have a digital camera.
I am talking about scanned photos from my Canon 4200F scanner, that i might stick in the odd card when I mail it for a birthday etc.

Are there any issues with the Pixma 4000?

i have made my decision on the ink cartridges that i am going to use with my pixma 5000 as i am able to get the canon cartridges for just a little above wholesale via a friend who has access to Canon products and his photo shop.
So I will only be using Canon cartridges.

I would appreciate all experienced comments, thankyou.

i should say also that I do brochures with colour in them, however again not in bulk.

I have looked at the 4200 and 5200, but this Pixma 4000 being the price that i can get it at for a spare printer I thought that I should post.

Thankyou

Latest posts