Canon MX922

Gene Sky

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon mx922
Yes please where can I find Canon Service Tool Down Load for Canon MX922 so i can reset the waste ink full B500 code the printer is showing.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
One year ago there was a thread on the forum concerning the same question:

https://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/canon-mx922-is-there-service-tool-or-service-mode.12263/

I have not read this thread, do not know if there is a Service Tool found, or know if anything has changed since then.

I do not know if this will work for you: there is a Canon Service Tool V5103 on eBay that says it can be used with the MX920 series printers but only lists the MX924 and not your MX922. If you can access Service Mode then maybe a tool can reset the waste ink counter. If you cannot get into Service Mode then nothing will help.

Maybe our resident Service Tool expert @PeterBJ can give you a better answer.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I have not tried the service tools v5103 and v5204 so sadly I cannot tell if support of MX920 series printers means all regional models like MX922, MX925 etc. My guess is that they will support all regional models. But I suggest to ask the seller before purchase.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The service tools will allow you to get some info and change some settings. You can get info about the printer's usage history, make an extended nozzle check, reset the absorber counter and more.

Patrick Hughes

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma MG3650
Try canon website and search by the printer model. they do offer downloads for all printers

vienna01

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX922/Canon LBP6230dw
Where Are The Service tools available?
EBAY
Elsewhere?

Is there info somewhere{where] on the capabilities of each service tool?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Where Are The Service tools available?
All of the Service Tools available do much the same job, but the newer ones work with the latest O/S’s better, first get to know the one you want by asking here by describing the specific job you want it for and we can provide for you, but “Caveat” Service Tools can be destructive..

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The newer printers need a newer service tool. The use of a service tool that is too old will cause locking of service mode, maybe even total loskup of the printer making it useless.

Service tool version 3400 can be used with printers of the cartridge generations PGI-x20/CLI-x21 and PGI-x25/CLI-X26, where x is a region dependent number, it is 2 for North America and 5 for Europe. Attempting to use Service tool v3400 or older with newer cartridge generations like PGI-x50/CLI-x51 or newer will cause loss of access to service mode.

The service tools have very much the same functionality and are used in very much the same way. The difference is that newer tools also support newer printers and newer OS's. For an instruction of how to use see this post. The newer service tools are used in very much the same way.

I think the best source of info about the supported printer models are the E Bay ads, or you could try to contact the sellers.