Canon MX495 - Prints Pink - Nozzle Test Misses 1 Color Stripe

Robert1990

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
CANON MX495
Hi guys

I have the problem that my Canon MX495 only prints pinkish colors since I last changed the print color tab.

I'd be super happy if you had any suggestions as I could see all kind of nozzle page errors but never that exactly this line was missing.

Everything else seems to be fine, right?

https://cdn1.imggmi.com/uploads/2019/4/8/e3ac81395f60108fc648b1bffa9b551f-full.jpg

In case the image does not show I pasted also the link above.

e3ac81395f60108fc648b1bffa9b551f-full.jpg

What do you think could solve this problem?

Thank you so much!

Robert

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Welcome to the forum, Robert.

Do you refill your ink cartridges?

Have you tried a new CL-546 cartridge? A new tri-color cartridge should resolve the issue.

I cannot tell for sure how good the nozzle check is for the pigment black cartridge, but it seems ok from what I can tell.

Use the scanner in your printer to scan nozzle checks to be posted on the forum. Once scanned, crop the image so only the nozzle check shows and not all the surrounding blank page. In this way we will get a close up image that provides a good opportunity for us to diagnose problems.

Pasting an image in a post only pastes the link, which is what I see in your post - a link. To insert an image into your post click on "Upload a File found below where you type in your post. If the image is from a link on the internet then click on the icon that looks like a letter with a postage stamp in the upper left hand corner next to the smiley face found above where you type in your post.

pinkish colors since I last changed the print color tab.
What does "print color tab" mean?

Patrick Hughes

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma MG3650
Sounds to me like 1 of the cartridges is empty or not working. Print heads could be blocked. Check the ink levels. If not try running through printer maintenance tools but i definitely think it is a cartridge issue.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
It appears that the dark band of cyan is totally missing. Yet the light bad is printed. This could be a "electronic error" with the motherboard.

Latest posts