Canon MP160 Error 5010

telv

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have bought a second-hand Canon MP610 to replace the one I already had. It goes through set-up procedures for about a minute and then error message 5010 appears on the LED screen "printer error has occurred. Turn on the power then on again" I have tried this several times to no avail! I have been unable to find information on the service manual. Any help will be very much appreciated.

Sorry - It's an MP610 not an MP160 !!

Last edited:

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
According to the service manual error 5010 is a scanner error.

The service manual for MP160 is found here. As this manual is only supplementary, you will also need the service manual for MP150 which is found here.

telv

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
According to the service manual error 5010 is a scanner error.

Many thanks. Yet another printer for the re-cycle depot by the looks of it !!!

gscotten

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, Canon MX922
I am not familiar with that model, but most scanners have a lock to keep the head from moving during transport. Any chance it didn't get unlocked during setup?

telv

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I am not familiar with that model, but most scanners have a lock to keep the head from moving during transport. Any chance it didn't get unlocked during setup?

Thanks for the suggestion. This particular printer doesn't have a scanner lock so the scanner may have been damaged in transit. It was working when it left the seller!